Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Who listens to the show? I'm a big fan, and thought it'd be nice to have a thread to mostly discuss day to day show topics, and make some predictions.

As far as the show in general, I'd just like to say that it is consistently entertaining, and deals with reality, and not in the contrived television sense of the word, but actual reality. People make the claim that lots of the show is BS, but I'm not convinced. Lots of real life happens on the show, it is just focused (by Howard Stern) into something entertaining.

There are a few big issues I'd like to talk about. One is to discuss the possibility that the show continue after the end of Howard Stern's contract with Sirius at the end of 2010, and what would happen to Howard and his crew if it ends. Another is the likelihood that Artie Lange cleans up and gets healthy and sober.

Artie's a great storyteller. I got his book, "Too Fat To Fish" for Christmas. I still haven't read it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to, because I have a pile of interesting books that I intend to read, and the pile keeps getting bigger.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Banned
Default RE: Official Howard Stern Show Thread

The only people who say the show is BS and lacks substance are the ones that don't listen to it. It's not clean, it's not PC, but it's real, and that's the main appeal.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:44 AM

I'm putting your quote in here, b/c it's show related

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

And since you've opened the bag on the Howard Stern show, did anybody hear the song they played when Lisa G came in the studio today??

"Lisa G takes huge ****s at work"

It was in the tune of the "Steve Langford has a huge *****" song, and I was laughing my *** off when that song came on today.
The Lisa G song was great. Richard Christie is a sick genius.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Banned

Howards is consistantly good as compared to anyone else trying to entertain for that much time everyday, but I definitely think his peak was during the time he was married and had Jackie the Jokeman on with him.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 AM

He's really forcing the interview with Benicio Del Toro. The guy sounds like a bore, but it's getting better. Dude just had a shot of Jack. Nice.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 AM

The only people who say the show is BS and lacks substance are the ones that don't listen to it. It's not clean, it's not PC, but it's real, and that's the main appeal.
I agree I use to listen to the show every morning. They dont play it on the local radio anymore here so I quit listening to it, and the other radio talk shows they replaced it with are garbage. I have never watched the show on TV, but I dont watch much tv.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I definitely think his peak was during the time he was married and had Jackie the Jokeman on with him.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the one fish...I will take Artie over Jackie any day of the week, and now with the show being uncensored with VERY limited commercial interruption, the show is currently greater than ever.

But hey, to each his own...you like Pepsi and Sammy Hagar, I like Coke and David Lee Roth haha

Old 01-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the Stern ... never have time to listen anymore.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I definitely think his peak was during the time he was married and had Jackie the Jokeman on with him.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the one fish...I will take Artie over Jackie any day of the week, and now with the show being uncensored with VERY limited commercial interruption, the show is currently greater than ever.

But hey, to each his own...you like Pepsi and Sammy Hagar, I like Coke and David Lee Roth haha
I've found that the Artie/Jackie debate is often a generational split. Yeah Fish, I'm calling you old .

Old 01-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Banned

The only time I listen to him is in the car...I missed the Del Toro interview, but I'll probably catch it on the replay as that is pretty much ALL I listen to in my car.

Quick Reply: Official Howard Stern Show Thread