Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Not happy.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not happy.

Can someone tell me when the damn riding age went from 18 to 19?
And when the time you have to hold your permit went from 6 months to 9?

I turned 18 yesterday and was all excited cause I could finally go to the DMV and get my endorsement put on my license. Well I knew that wasnt happening when the lady started sayin something about 9 months and I was younger then 19? Well that is about all I've been waiting for since I took the course and passed with flying colors. Now I have to wait another month and a half for my license.

Should I ride anyways? Are there severe consequences?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Default RE: Not happy.

Sounds like a state law...maybe you can just move?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude just wait the month and half. Patience is a virtue.

As for riding without a license? Well, that's up to you. I personally would not.

Check your state laws to verify this information.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:49 AM

Blahh I hate Virginia.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:49 AM
RCR

Happy Birthday atleast.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:58 AM

yep.. not worth it to ride.. just wait.. you dont want to lose your liscence for a year for driving without it.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:59 AM

Happy Birthday!!! Riding without the classification is not that bad of a fine or anything. In NY it isnt even any points, and we have some pretty crappy driving rules. I have some friends in the insurance biz, and let me tell you, this is where they will get you. DMV points and insurance points are not the same. For example if your doing 60+ over the speed limit, thats eight DMV points on your license, but the insurance companies only view that as a two point violation, so your rates only go up 10-20 percent. (side note: speeding tickets really dont raise your insurance at all). On the other side of that coin is although riding without a license or riding without insurance is a zero to two point violation in most states, its like an eight point insurance violation. This means your insurance will go up 50%+!!!!!

I think that it is an awful lot to risk, as your insurance wont go up immediately, but when you go to renew your policy and they tell you that your **** just doubled, you wont be having a very good day. Also, if you get caught without a license like two or three times they wont let you get one for like five years or something, and can take away your permit. Its a pretty hefty crime. I do know what you mean though, when I first got my bike, I rode all the time with only a permit.... I couldn't wait. This is where it helps to have a ducati-riding neighbor who is high up the chain in the county police department. +1

Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 AM

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. Just really bums me out, I'll prolly just ride to school and work. And will stay off the bike on the weekends. Thanks for the words of Wisdom OKIEZAC and BEVertical.

And RCR, Im liking that new Avatar homie.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Banned

Go bang a few cheerleaders...that is a nice way to kill some time.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:39 AM

Sorry but I am not getting something can you not ride with a permit in your town? Over here its just no night driving, with a passenger, on free ways, or without a helmet. Thats not really like your being chained down and beaten at least you can still drive.

Quick Reply: Not happy.