Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Not a Disney Cartoon.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 04:01 PM
jim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a Disney Cartoon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4684652.stm

Dear Sirs

Luckily I personally have been in the company of people with extreme views on most subjects, and for the most part the original reason for the difference of opinion is a valid and true annoyance that is quite often offending.

Although I am not a Moslem man I do feel compassion for all that have been affected, firstly all Moslems are hurt and offended by what’s been drawn and written.
I also feel compassion for the non Moslems who have been shamed and embarrassed by there lack of knowledge and understanding, as with all wounds time is a great healer but this might take allot of time to heal.
In my humble opinion the Newspapers intentions was miss guided, what the newspaper was intending to do was explore the reasons behind the "West’s" inability to approach subjects what concern Moslems and the fundamental ethics of the Moslem society, as it would appear that most if not all a Moslems decisions have a certain amount of influence from religion.

Personally I feel the newspaper should have had a good Moslem adviser whom could have prevented all this resentment and the newspaper could then explain to all non Moslems what is not acceptable and the reasons behind the law/rules/orders.
Alternatively I might ask what was done by Moslems to prevent pictures being drawn or words written that offend their principles and religion? Prevention is always better than cure and ignorance is not a defence for anyone!

Newspapers in the west should acknowledge that they had drawn and said the wrong things to the wrong people at the wrong time!, I feel that if the Moslem culture and religion need to be heard and understood and respected, Moslems should find another way to seek retribution for example the newspapers could be taken to court and charged with religious slander, this would shame the newspapers and I would show the world that Moslems teach but in the same breath they cannot be bullied and teased.
For a long time the News reporters and media have hidden behind the “public have a right to know” and the other excuse is “this is a free country I can say what I want”, I think the price for being outspoken is definitely not worth all the pain it caused and the person saying/printing it is a annoying big mouth.

The one and only reason the newspaper did this publicity stunt was to generate customers and improve sales and this puts more money in there pockets, sensationalism is very common in the UK and we have our politicians, celebrities and our Religious representatives dissected by the media on a minute by minute basis to generate these same profits.

The newspaper in question obviously greatly underestimated the Moslem attitudes to what is correct and proper, I feel the newspapers should be concentrating on uncovering all the wrong doings around the world like the Human Rights problems in north Korea or maybe exposing the drought in Africa or the lack of investment in the Ex Soviet states by Russia which causing poor and unhappy people to die alone and in the cold, but instead of concentrating on these news worthy stories the newspapers have to focus on an already stressed religion/Moslem people whom should not have been wound up "agitated".

My old nan says "Caution is the better part of valour".

Hate and revenge can distract a person from the real reason why something was done, and when the real reason behind something is un covered it normally exposes a lack of knowledge and understanding on both sides and without learning and teaching the same mistakes will be made again, obviously there will always be trouble makers who want to **** everybody off but they are normally alone and unhappy and they selfishly want everybody feel as lonely and unhappy as them, what should we do? Killing people is a Sin and it perpetuates the cycle of hate and revenge.

To conclude one of the things I personally find hardest to

Old 02-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Not a Disney Cartoon.

Politics...hmm...better debated face to face, b/c there's only so much someone will want to type....LOL

Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude -- don't even know where you're from but over here we have a little thing called freedom of speech. Kinda lends itself to freedom of expression and freedom of the press. I don't condone any religious group "advising" a newspaper what is acceptable to print. Be them moslem, catholic, jewish or some off the wall bunch of loonies.

Often the truth hurts ... perhaps the violence portrayed in the cartoon hit real close to home seeing as how they are killing over it. Hmmmmmm, and they wonder why we don't understand them.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:01 PM

+1 to freedom of speech. How many jesus cartoons are out there, I know family guy and south park (tv cartoons) constantly make fun of religion, but I've never heard of someone starting a riot about it. The eastern nations need to realize they can't always have their way and to let things slide.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 PM

I agree w/ Destinmatt all the south parks and familly guy episodes, that pokes fun at religeons or faiths in general do not cause mass kaos and distruction in this country. freedom of speech and alot of other freedoms is what this country was based on, weather others agree or not, it is a freedom. all the fanatical muslims out there do not even follow the 'Koran", they follow there own made up sick version so they have an excuss to kill those that do not agree w/ them,and their freaky lifestyle, and then say they do it in the name of "GOD" Iam glad to say I donot belive in their "god". Okay, there its out of my system!!

Old 02-06-2006, 10:43 PM

Politics is one of those things like religion that I just think there are to many opinions on. NO matter what you say no one will agree with everything you say so I just don't talk about it.......

Old 02-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: josho66

Politics is one of those things like religion that I just think there are to many opinions on. NO matter what you say no one will agree with everything you say so I just don't talk about it.......
That's BS!!!!! [:@] I don't agree with any of that crap you're spouting!!!! ha ha ha

It's a thin line you walk when discussing politics or religion. If the peeps here can discuss it intelligently without resorting to name calling or fighting then it's open season.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:11 AM

It`s still like gettin your *** out in public though, Why discuss it here? Where everyone can see. There is a such a thing as to much freedom (did I just say that living in england? Damn) But the arguement isn`t gonna get settled here, what ya do is if you disagree then you turn a blind eye to it, cos sooner or later your gonna upset someone else to and then it`ll be there turn to ignore it.

Why Argue?

Make love not war n all that

Old 02-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Retired Administrator

So..... how about that super bowl. Too many home runs for me to count.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:27 PM
jim
Default A bit to heavey

Hi

As you can probably see I was tring to get things straight in my head, sorry about that promiss it wont happen again.

Who won Seatlle or the Steelers ?

Quick Reply: Not a Disney Cartoon.