Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

non motorcycle help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non motorcycle help please

ok this just sucks but maybe soembody can help my wife was involved in a hit and run this afternoon rigth after i had lunch with her. some lady from mexico rear-ended her and then when my wife got out to check for damage she hit my wife as she drove off. my wife is ok ! thank god otherwise i would be siting here at work writing this ! she just cliped her as she pulled around my wifes car to get away this just knocked my wife down no scrapes or anything ! but here is the kicker ! the cops took 45-1hr to get there after the call offered no emt service (she was just rear-ended at 15 ) and told my wife that there was nothing they could do since the other driver didn't stop and it wasa mexico plate ? this is enraging me to no belife the car has min damage from a 15 mph impact. the cop then told my wife which is a new one for me that her licences is going to be suspened ? we do not know why ? he doesn't either but it is not suspened as of now ! he told my wife that there was nothing he could do and to go home ! she had to wait for our ins to get there to make a claim when they got there .. no report no claim ! wtf!!!! so there is min damnage to the cars bumper nothing i can't go and buff out .. but what i ned help with is does anybody know what we can do to get a report or is there a way i can get this address of this person and go "talk to them" i am more than capable ofthis one myself but i need the address here is the plate number if anybody needs it ! it is a sonran plate VWH-45-9H now normal i would just let this go but come on she almost ran my wife over !!!! can anybody help please!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Default RE: non motorcycle help please

Hmmm...I don't know if it'd work or not, but I'd definately call the city office or go to the police department and talk to a superior there. I think the cop just didn't want to be bothered. Hit and run is definately a crime, especially after the bitch knocked your wife down. Probably doesn't have insurance, or is here illegally anyway....speaking of the wonderful illegals here...

Old 06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any witnesses? the a car is considered a weapon.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

If talking to the police does no good it sounds like time to talk to a lawyer, especially if they are going to suspend your wife's license for being the victim of a hit and run.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 PM

Why would your wifes license be suspended for being rear ended? was the cops name Dredd? and the fact that your wife was also assaulted, which is a crime in 1st instance. get your wife to lodge an official complaint against the driver of the car for that, (also leaving the scene of an accident), It turns from a simple car accident to a crime, find out plods name (it will be on the documentation) lodge an offical complaint against him. Start making a lot of noise now. Remember, effluent does not role up hill, so start documentation at the top, (Mayor, head cop, your local government rep) Make one standard letter, with all their names & addresses on it, so they know that they all have a copy of the same letter.State what has happend to your wife, setting out the facts 1st & why your wife (an innocent person) in being victimised because of the inefficiencies of the city police force. Phone your insurance company, stating that you are going to lodge a claim for damages for your car, your wifes physical & mental injuries. (any lawyer worth his wig would love to get his hands on something like this, and your insurance company knows it.) So that should get some pressure going from them.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Post an ad in the local paper that says if anybody witnessed a hit and run, name the intersection and time to give you a call. I always see them in the paper here so they must work.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:33 PM

ok so i talked to 2 lawyers last night . they said i needed a report from the cops i told them what they said.. i was told there is no damage to my car no damage to my wife so there is no reason to get all sue happy .. i am a little pissed off to say the least ! look i am not trying to sue anybody i just want justice . i mean look if my wife rear eneded somebody and they got out and she almost ran them over and took off she would be charrged with hit and run and leaving a sene of an accident ! and i am sure some others too! .. ok we talkd to the supervisor that was on shift when i got home. nice guy .. he wasn't on duty during the time weshe hadthe accident. he basicly told me they don't have a way to track sonran plates .and most likley the lady is gone back ove the border. so we are sol ! but we are lucky beacuse there is no damnage ! so.. . i don't know.. i also found out what is going on with her license.. its not suspended she got a ticket a few months ago and we paid it but for some reason its not cleared yet ? no biggie we haev the ticket with the stamp on it saying paid ! and the receipt so we are good there. its just a note when they run her licenese that pops up i guess ? but thats what he said that is what that was about. ... so i guess i am just going to have to take this as a leason learned !

Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 PM

I was not suggesting you get sue happy, but insurance companies can bring pressure with their own investigations via a paper trail, makes public servants sit up & take notice. At the very least lodge a complaint with the cops, if the car went back over the border, its probably gunna come back, at least there will be a record of it, in case its involved in some other incident. (although chances are its wearing a different set of plates by now)

Old 06-08-2007, 06:32 PM

ok so after talking t everybody that has rank at the police deparment i finaly got the ticket issiued to the lady that almost hit my wife and did the hit and run .. now the great news insurance isn't going to filea claim no biggie nothing was damanged ! but the kicker is the police can't do much to that lady since her plate is snoran yeah mexico ! what the are going to do is put her plate on the hotlist so if they see her they will detail but thast it and she will only be on it for like a week or two .. but you uiys were right just keep bitching and finaly the ticket was issuied !

Old 06-08-2007, 08:55 PM

Once again why it pays to be not american. This country would give the shirt off it's back for anyone execpt us (the US citzen). A big pork prossesiing plant opened up hear about a year ago offerring some decent paying jobs. Yeah ****ty work, but hey sometimes something is better than nothing. They said they would higher from the area. Yeah Our mexician popullation has tripled know and 3/4 of them work there. Pisses me off because i deliver to all kinds of places Restraunts and That pork plant. etc. where you have to search high and low to find the one person that speaks broken english so i can make a dilivery. Not that i hate Minorities it's just that they get away with stuff that we could never could. Like running over us citizens and the cops don't want to mess with the hassle. Man that sucks for you for and your wife. If it was you and your run your *** would be in jail by know.

Quick Reply: non motorcycle help please