Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

no transportation

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no transportation

My car died in the middle of the street yesterday.. all power just gone... didn't make any funny sounds or anything, no warning, whatsoever. I could barely make it to the center turning lane. I was in a crappy spot. Cops came to block off traffic and pushed me into a car dealership sideroad.. (Got a ride home in the back of one of the cop cars. First nice thing a cop has done for me.) Guess my timing belt finally went. I bought that car in Nov just because it had a heater cause the heater core went out on my other car.... I ordered a whole suspension kit for this new one and my bf and my dad were going to work on it when it got a little warmer outside. This freaking sucks. I haven't gone without wheels in a long time. My apartment complex is really ghetto (the little monkeys that live here would use it as a jungle gym and have it knocked over in the parking lot) and it's cold as hell for most hours of the day. Otherwise I'd think about bringing my bike here. Sucks.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:40 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn those timing belts lol...

Old 03-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

/me offers sympathy.

don't have to drive a vehicle too many years to know that sinking feeling of your ride dying beneath you.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cop gave you a lift home? How many times did he ask for your #?

Sucks that you can't bring your bike home. Mine's locked behind a nice fence with ****** wire. Tho I get the feeling my neighbors know the high probability of needing immediate critical care if they even look at it too hard.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that sucks.
What kinda car is it? I snapped a timing belt on my Accord once and managed not to bend any valves. Changed it out in a wendy's parking lot the same day and drove it off. A tooth off, so it was a little slow going, but an easy job.... just the belt cover, valve cover, motor mount.
You may have gotten lucky? I had a tensioner go on a civic once, too, and it jumped a couple and quit. Also an easy fix... same thing.

btw, I've had cops give me plenty of rides. Mostly good rides... LOL..

And on the bike thing... heated jackets are about $175.
Can't help you with the kids using it as a jungle gym, tho...

Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 PM

The cop was pretty cool... he didn't do anything creepy like ask for my number. Iphone-havin black guy listening to pod casts in his squad car. He was like, "I'm a freak for an iphone." hahaha I flashed iphone to him. ha

I got a 91 Accord lx.... And I'm so glad to hear you didn't bend your valves!!! My bf got on some honda forums and they said there's a 50/50 you can just put a new belt in or have to buy a new motor. Mine didn't make a sound when it losts power and when you try to crank it, it doesn't sound like it's banging into anything.. so I'm hoping I'm lucky.

Bf's mom gave me a ride this morning and bf is gonna carpool with some other guys tomorrow and let me borrow his car. Then I'm off friday-sunday and he's off every weekend, he'll work on it. My dad said if he needs any help to let him know.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Oh and you know what's completely ironic.. I was just leaving wendy's. haha Weird. Something about wendy's and accords, they don't get along. I just caught that.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Administrator - Retired

That is frickin' weird...

But yeah, it shouldn't be a hard fix at all if the valves aren't hit.
Grab a manual or print a "how-to" and go at it!

Old 03-24-2010, 10:06 PM

That sucks. Hope you get it fixed fast. Im in need of doing my wifes car except they dont make a how to or a manual for her car. Its a 99 montero sport lol. Just one more way for the stealership to open your wallet.

As far as kids playing on your bike the parents should handle that. Im all for a good whoopin when deserved. lol

Old 03-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i miss timing chains...they wood stretch but rarely break...sucks to hear meggers, hope it fixes eazy.

Quick Reply: no transportation