Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Nirvana fans

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nirvana fans

So I just downloaded a discography of Nirvana, and kid you not this had to have ANY recorded song EVER made. 330 or so songs!!! I need help sifting through this stuff, i dont necessarily want all of it on my ipod (being that that would be like a fourth of my library)

I went ahead an put "with the lights out" in the recycle bin, so not deleted, but gone, need help with these, if you know whats worth keeping:

Bleach (probably keep)
From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah (dont think I'm gonna keep this one, all Live that I dont really care about, see below)
In Utero
Incesticide
Nevermind
Nirvana
MYV Unplugged in New York (THESE are the live songs I want, good quality, etc.)
Outcesticide I-V [aka 1-5](don't know if I want to keep these, they make too many repeats to be frank)
Lullaby versions (a bunch of their songs in baby song format, I found it awesome because it's peaceful, yet nirvana, and if/when I have a kid they can be listening to them without freakin the f*ck out)

Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 PM
VP
Default RE: Nirvana fans

Muddy Banks was the first Nirvana CD I ever bought...then I bought all of them.

So to be clear, you downloaded the discography and most of the songs aren't Nirvana ?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:26 PM

no, ALL the songs are, theyre just songs that have come from EVERYWHERE, whether it be the Come as you are, Smells like teen spirit, and Lithium Singles, or Some similar versions with MAYBE a single difference in the whole song

Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Young guys still listening to Nirwana? cool! I love their songs!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:36 PM

HELL yeah, I'm all about NOT listening ONLY to mainstream (I know nirvana was at one time, but they're not now), Give me talent and a taste of unique and I will listen to any band, butthole surfers, soundgarden, I could go on

Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007
butthole surfers
LOL

Old 10-07-2008, 10:46 PM

hey hey, listen to pepper and then try to LOL @ me
ANYWAY, still waiting on more advice for the nirvana thing

EDIT: after much thought and listening, think I'ma delete Muddy Banks, just dont like any of them as much as the originals, and if I want live I can listen to MTV New York, which is much better and showcases Kurt a lot more
EDITEDIT: Yes I realize those two band cited above not the best choices, but I'm tired and picked two songs on my playlist

Old 10-08-2008, 01:06 AM

Update:
Slackers, all of you's
I just went through at LEAST two hours of music browsing and my eyes are like @_@
-but push comes to shove, only about 6 songs worth saving on the Outcesticide Cd's (which had about 150 songs in all -_-)
-Chose to keep some songs on the "nirvana" cd (which is revisited songs, all on other cd's) due to better quality
-Still have the songs from Bleach, In Utero, Incesticide, and Nevermind (those that were same quality as "Nirvana" CD)
-Kept a good bit if not all of MTV New York CD
-Deleted all but two songs from Muddy Banks, Not a big fan of live unless it's a GREAT recording, just not interested in hearing how bad they sound, that and all the reverb and all
-Think I'ma keep the Lullaby versions, Should be good sleep or smoke music >.>

Old 10-08-2008, 01:09 AM

My advice was just gonna be to put it all on, and delete stuff as you see fit. That's how I deal with my music.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 AM

I never get to doing that, then 4 months down the road on shuffle I go "WHAT THE F**K IS THIS?!" or I just get annoyed by it every time it comes on, but forget to change it every time i have an opportunity

Quick Reply: Nirvana fans