Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ninja Prank perfectly executed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Ninja Prank perfectly executed.

Soooo... We pulled a prank on one of my friends last night. We used industrial saran wrap (the stuff they use to wrap up pallets of product in warehouses and such) and completely covered her car while she was participating in a Karaoke contest at a bar (mind you, this is in Downtown Reno, NV on a Thursday night... everyone is downtown because of the drink specials on Thursday). Everyone that walked, drove, or rode by laughed and gave us the thumbs up. After we got probably 650-700 feet of saran wrap on her car, we thought, "ok, that will be good" and went home. While we were sitting at home, we really got the urge to witness her reaction when she came out and saw her car, so we grabbed the video camera and headed downtown. After hiding the camera in some bushes and standing around the block for about an hour and a half, she FINALLY came walking out of the bar... only to find that her car was completely covered!! Haha it was great. We stayed hidden until she drove away, so she still has no clue who did it... AND we have her whole reaction on video... plus a little commentary by my friend and I I'll post up some pics later this weekend.

Anyway the point I wanted to make here, is that I noticed when we pulled up on my bike to wrap her car, it would be a LOT easier to wrap a bike... Anyone ever pulled pranks like this on someone's bike?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Your in reno? Your right next door to me. ever go to the bike night at bully's?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:17 PM

Yep, norther Reno. Yeah, you're in Carson right? I've never gone to bike night. Never really heard much about it so I didn't think it was any good. Where/when? I'll be there next time haha.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 PM

Where is the video?

Old 07-16-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by CrashTECH
Where is the video?
The camera my buddy and I used is not a hard drive camcorder. It uses tapes. So I'm researching right now how to extract the video from the camcorder to get it onto the computer. I will hopefully get this figured out in the next couple days and get it on youtube soon.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:15 PM

Well you have farmers market bike get together on thursdays and Street Kings put on a bike night last year at Bully's down by the mall on S. Virginia (meadow wood I think it is called). They do raffles and then later head to a stunt spot and watch the crazy sob do their thing PJ's on wells that Mexican joint does one on mondays too (mostly cruisers) but some nice bikes to look at

Old 07-16-2010, 10:22 PM

I've been part of wrapping cars before. Same type, industrial wrapping works out great. Close friends that I knew could take a joke though, otherwise might not be funny to the owner of the car.

however, I don't think I would wrap someones bike. for one, bikes tend to be a little more personal to their owners than just some randon basic transportation of someones daily driven car. Another reason, bikes tend to have parts that are far more fragile than a car. Once you start wrapping it tighter and tighter, you run the risk of breaking things. It could be a harmless prank turned into a lawsuit, because it is in fact still vandalism, even if you don't damage anything. Or at the very least, a very pissed off person looking to retaliate on your bike. And as you know, retaliations tend to go higher and higher. Just be sure what you are starting.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We pulled pranks on each others' work trucks till one went too far. Guy threw a string of black cat firecrackers into another's window as he drove by. Funny till the seats caught fire. The guy that did it was nearly fired that day for it.

Not sure you'd want to wrap a bike cause of what justasquid said. And cause bikes tend to get much hotter. Forget about the the can being too hot. But not sure it'd be good to trap the heat coming off a bike's engine.

And of course there'd be my retaliation if ya did it to Ororo. Would you be ready to participate in a city wide scavanger hunt? After me and my more... shadowy friends picked up you bike, disassembled it and scattered the parts We did something similar to another guy who pranked too far. Broke into his house and completely rearranged EVERYTHING: furniture, clothes, dishes, food, pictures, garage.

He never got his house back the way it was

Old 07-18-2010, 04:51 PM

Ok so I'm gonna give this a shot. I've never posted a video to a forum before. Let's see if this works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeqnGtNQhl8

Old 07-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heh... I like the 2 guys in the end. Come on, we all know they were hoping for the reward for playing Shining Knight To The Rescue

Seeing as how you didn't wrap the undercarriage too, I'd prolly let you off light if it were my car. Simple relocation of your car one night, filling it with uncooked Ramen Noodles (if you have a sunroof), ect

Quick Reply: Ninja Prank perfectly executed.