Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Night Rider Idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008 | 08:06 AM
|
Default RE: Night Rider Idea

ORIGINAL: woo545

Bah!!!!

Ah right because bikes follow a completely different law of physics.

I think the only issue you would have is maintaining your balance and not falling backwards off the ramp.
Of course the laws do no change, but you can't deny the physics of a motorcycle in motion are not exactly the same as the physics of a car in motion. Gyroscopic motion, traction, and stability are factors which would be different and need to be taken into account.

It is a valid question.

How would you fall backward? I don't see this as an issue at all.

the front wheel drops into a cradle...it clamps it...dropp the bike to neutral and the clamped cradle is then retracted up the ramp pulling the free wheeling back wheel and bike onto the ramp....

Old 11-17-2008 | 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

EZ Woo no need to get all flusterd. I need to take a class from Classic on how to properly use these things[:@]so you know Im just messin with ya.

I have seen a vid before with a dirtbike and it easily does it
I knew you were mess`n.

Old 11-17-2008 | 08:24 AM
RCR

BY the way Halloween is over take off your mask.

Old 11-17-2008 | 08:33 AM
|

ORIGINAL: woo545

Bah!!!!

Ah right because bikes follow a completely different law of physics.

I think the only issue you would have is maintaining your balance and not falling backwards off the ramp.
Of course the laws do no change, but you can't deny the physics of a motorcycle in motion are not exactly the same as the physics of a car in motion. Gyroscopic motion, traction, and stability are factors which would be different and need to be taken into account.

It is a valid question.

How would you fall backward? I don't see this as an issue at all.

ORIGINAL: Pamw

the front wheel drops into a cradle...it clamps it...dropp the bike to neutral and the clamped cradle is then retracted up the ramp pulling the free wheeling back wheel and bike onto the ramp....
Interesting, but not "Night Rider" style. I mean for the bike to drive up the ramp and park under it's own power.

Old 11-17-2008 | 08:42 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

If you ride the bike around 15MPH faster than the truck, and pull the clutch in as you hit the ramp,
you can do it. Once you're on the ramp, no problem. A friend of mine does it at shows - never fell off to my knowledge.
I suspect you'd get some wheelspin if the bike was under power for 70MPH, dropping to 55MPH, and then to standstill in a short distance....but with the clutch in, it's just rolling... my buddy does it all the time.

Old 11-17-2008 | 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow

If you ride the bike around 15MPH faster than the truck, and pull the clutch in as you hit the ramp,
you can do it. Once you're on the ramp, no problem. A friend of mine does it at shows - never fell off to my knowledge.
I suspect you'd get some wheelspin if the bike was under power for 70MPH, dropping to 55MPH, and then to standstill in a short distance....but with the clutch in, it's just rolling... my buddy does it all the time.
Makes perfect sense.

Old 11-17-2008 | 10:56 AM

See if Mythbusters will do it with a bike. That would be awesome to see.

Old 11-17-2008 | 11:12 AM

And what would happen if the truck hit a speed bump at the very moment you got onto the ramp?

Old 11-17-2008 | 11:24 AM

Something that would be funny as hell. Classic TV.

Old 11-17-2008 | 11:47 AM
|

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: Shadow

Makes perfect sense.
Yeah, I was thinking that having the transmission in neutral is a must. Backing down the ramp and on to the road has to be tough.

Quick Reply: Night Rider Idea