Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Nicky Hayden leaving Repsol Honda

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nicky Hayden leaving Repsol Honda

Also just the switch to Bridgestones should make Nicky more competitive. But then maybe everyone will be on Bridgestones if a spec tire rule is put in place.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:26 AM

I think Nikki knows what he needs to win, is just that Honda did not supply the needs built into the bike that he's able to dominate and do magic with it... my 2 cents.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:42 PM

I don't think Honda wanted to waste big amounts of money just to see Nicky being failed. This is an international business, not childs playground.

No doubt, Nicky is a good rider, hardworker 'like his crew chief Pete Benson describes him'. But I think there is too many excuses on the table. This season wouldn't be easy for him even he was riding his old bike. There are very strong challengers added to the game. Of course, I don't ignore the possibility that he couldn't adapt to the new engine. But IF he fails on a Ducati then who are you going to blame?

On the other hand, his X-Games injury was an absolute irrespossibility. He shouldn't have taken such a risk when he is going through a bad season run. May be he wanted this story to be added to his excuses of failure?

Hayden is one of my favorite riders but 2008 season is a big disappointment for me. I hope he does better on a ducati.

Keep your eyes on dovizioso. This kid is promisin. Coming from 250cc scene and his first year in MotoGP. And look where he is standing with a brand new team.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 PM

QuickNDeadly... i agree with you about his Xgame injury.. that was a really bad call on his part. He still rides for Honda MotoGP and should have focused on that. Unless Honda wanted him to ride... which I can't see.. It was a bad call on his part.

the thing I dont agree withsomestatementsis his complaining. I've never heard him complain about anything to the pubic or media. I know of cases of comunication with his team.... which is what a rider does, but if something is wrong with your bike, you need to communicate it somehow.. some feel this is complaining.. I don't. I see as communication.. Now Pedrosa.... yeah.. he complains. for some reason, I can't stand that guy.

The way I see it. His attitude is for sure shot in some regards. His team doesnt want him, he has had a ton of bad luck.. and some things I"m sure are his fault, but he has for the most part stuck it out and rode the best he could. But when nothing goes right, its hard to keep focus... hes done a better job than I could have.. I would have given up and missed damn near every practice..Not Hayden, he isstill the one putting in all the laps and trying his hardest to get the bike to run for him. I'm hoping this is a learning experience for him and is a better rider for it.

I for one am always hoping he does well. I see him jump to the front and I get excited and hope he finishes well. Even though I know deep down he will fall back in the crowd after a few laps.. It really does suck.He really needs to get more aggressive and take control.I truely hope he does well with Ducati. As you said, if he fails with Ducati.... what then?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him come to AMA. It would certainly be a better chance for me to see him race. Of course, if he did that, there would be the haters that say he couldnt cut it in MOTOGP.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:39 PM

justasquid: I agree. A rider communicates with his team to get things better. Its actually not only in motogp, it is in every competitive team game. You communicate everything so you and your team come up with a solution and eliminate the known problems, and then improve, improve, and improve. To me competition is all about improvement and getting better.

Nicky making lots of excuses is my own conclusion of his interviews and the results I am reading off the papers. I think you have a very good point of view but I am curious, What do you think the reason that honda doesn't want Nicky in team anymore?