Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Next time you get road rage or feel like being a dick behind the wheel....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That song by Evanescence has been my girlfriend's ringtone thru 5 cellphones and 2 carriers.

I'll be changing it later tonight

Old 04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eye opening reminder.
they should make people watch that as they wait to get handed their license.

Last edited by usetheffours; 04-06-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:02 PM

I have seen this before and I almost didn't watch it all the way through. Some of the images still really bother me even though you can tell some were clearly scripted and fake.

I don't want to try to lessen the message here... but did anybody notice there were a fair number of accidents where people just walked in the street or were not using seatbelts? And for the woman who was in the back seat HOLDING your kid. You area moron. Grade A. They make car seats for a reason. This wasn't just the dad driving like an idiot. They were also being poor parents (should have to have a license for that too.... /sigh)

To be honest, I am all for stricter driving requirements, harder tests, and periodic retesting. Too bad this isn't like Germany where you can get a 375 Euro fine for tailgating (Just over $500 USD).

No teenager should have any car that has more than 100 hp.

I know there isn't really a correlation specifically, but I know that once I sold my 300+ hp sports car and bought a truck (granted, still 300hp and about 1500 lbs heavier) I drive probably 10mph slower on average and I am way more conscious of how much space I occupy and all that.

Too bad more people aren't.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Good Find indeed

Old 04-07-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by usetheffours
eye opening reminder.
they should make people watch that as they wait to get handed their license.

I totally agree...That was a rough video I couldnt imagine trashing someones life like that, especially the ones with kids were the most upsetting . On another note some videos were road ragers as other clips were just not paying attention. I think all of us as bikers know to pay attention but definitely was a good reality check! Excellent vid jules. Quick story---Yesterday i was at the BMV with one of my buddies waiting while he was getting is motorcycle temps. I was AMAZED at the people they allow to get there driver's liscense. People were complaining about the manueverability test and how "you never need to actually handle a car like that" I was like WTF!?!? It pissed me off so bad...everyone BE CAREFUL and PAY ATTENTION. Again thanks for the eye opener jules.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted this up on facebook and got some of the same responses that are here. Mostly that it was really brutal and people were disgusted by it. My girlfriend also watched it and thought it was horrifying and scary but she also said she would never text in her car again and that it made her want to be a more conscious driver.

I told her that was probably exactly what she was supposed to get out of it.

Success, imo. Thanks again for sharing Jules, I truly don't think most people understand the power they have in a car...

Old 04-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbear

Success, imo. Thanks again for sharing Jules, I truly don't think most people understand the power they have in a car...

Yes, they have the power to ruin or end another person's life or lives in a heartbeat ... I am glad to hear she won't text and drive again, texting while driving is quite lethal and far worse than talking on the phone ... when people read texts they lose concept of time along the road and that is before they begin texting back.

Jules

Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juliet
texting while driving is quite lethal and far worse than talking on the phone ... when people read texts they lose concept of time along the road and that is before they begin texting back.

Jules
I couldn't agree more. I decided to check out videos on Youtube of this yesterday after watching the vid you posted and found some interesting vids. First off, a car & driver study which (though simplistic) would support the suggestion that texting is more dangerous than being legally drunk behind the wheel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiHwGBsRr0

And here we have the typical view of those who text and drive. "Oh I can do it just fine, it doesn't affect me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlYS...eature=related

Old 04-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Dr. Phil is a tool though.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Definately an excellent one, this type of thing is hard for me to watch due to loosing some good friends and family to stupidity like this, i have been working my gf to try to pay more attention because she is just careless, it finally hit home when i told her ya know you dont check your mirrors when you change lanes what if i was on my bike next to you when you do that? I'll be showing this to her..Thank you

Quick Reply: Next time you get road rage or feel like being a dick behind the wheel....