Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

(News story) Study: Uncle Sam Can't Use Many Locals

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default (News story) Study: Uncle Sam Can't Use Many Locals

Apparently the majority of Philadelphia youths are too stupid, fat or thuggish to serve. How ****in sad is this???

Old 06-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nationally, the Department of Defense estimates that 75 percent of young adults are unable to join the military.
Apparently the majority of ALL AMERICAN youths are too stupid, fat or thuggish to serve.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being in the military doesn't make you smart either.i have alot of military friends some are not that bright.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by 91project
Being in the military doesn't make you smart either.i have alot of military friends some are not that bright.
They were bright enough to finish high school. Seriously I slept till my junior year.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
They were bright enough to finish high school. Seriously I slept till my junior year.
lol me too

Old 06-15-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Apparently the majority of Philadelphia youths are too stupid, fat or thuggish to serve. How ****in sad is this???
Pathetic yes. But I can honestly say i'm not that surprised.
I'm 26 years old and college educated but so many of my age group are just fat lazy slobs.
Its amazing to see how people have let themselves go at such an early age.

I used to do competitive power lifting and was a health science major so i've certainly maintained better than most perhaps but its still bad. Just go to a mall and take a note of all the obese people you see from ages 5 - 50.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:32 AM

hey what feds u compete in? i did some usapl comps, good times, thinkin of getting back into comp shape

and i used to lifeguard for a summer job, and was talking to a german mom who moved over and she was surprised we didnt have mandatory military service like they do in germany... not a horrible idea

Old 06-15-2010, 11:57 AM

P90x is good stuff for those looking to get back into shape. I started it but am going to have to restart to do it with the wife However, it is sad, because you DEFINITELY don't have to be really smart to get into the military (we have alot of dumba$$es) And if you have minor offenses the military will expunge that and take it off your record completely. So apparently they are freaking stupid, like babbling idiot stupid and have commited felonies. NICE.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by bluedevil3758
hey what feds u compete in? i did some usapl comps, good times, thinkin of getting back into comp shape

and i used to lifeguard for a summer job, and was talking to a german mom who moved over and she was surprised we didnt have mandatory military service like they do in germany... not a horrible idea
Awesome blue. i did a few usapls as well but mostly RAW northern va powerlifting.

What weight were / are you at? I was getting back into competition shape but had a slight injury / illness setback a couple months ago - was down 20lbs to 174. Back up to 180 after two weeks so my lifts (read endurance) plummeted but I can still toss around some pretty impressive weight. I'm 6'0.

My lifting partner and I were debating getting back into some more serious gyms / competitions and such. He's around 230.

But yeah Bubba great about you and the Mrs. P90X is pretty good, especially if you're following the diet plan - the diet is fairly aggressive and the workouts keep you moving. Its certainly a good base.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 06-15-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:15 PM

A hs diploma check is simply to see if the person can do basic math, follow simple instructions and complete 70% of the work given them. At that point they're trainable for almost anything.

Quick Reply: (News story) Study: Uncle Sam Can't Use Many Locals