Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck

I am looking for a new truck. I had a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner v6 Extended Cab. Well I had to part ways with that truck this past saturday as I got hit by a drunk driver. They hit me so bad that the rear axle snapped along with the driveshaft. Not to include countless of other dents and scratches. Now I am looking for a compact truck. I would like some friendly opinions. I am looking at the HONDA RIDGELINER or another TOYOTA TACOMA 4 DOOR LONG BED. Here are some other options and I would like you to rate and give me some input if you one of the following. Thank you and SEMPER FI!!!

Old 10-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Default RE: New Truck

I think the Ridgelines are overpriced and for a Honda, has extremely low fuel mileage. I love the trunk in the back of the bed, though. That thing could be handy as hell.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:12 AM

Had nothing but luck with toyotas and nissans. I used to be a die-hard Chevy man, but...simple fact, the imports lasted longer and had a better resale. Hell...anything will last you forever if you take care of it well. Pops had an old 1500 chevy he handed down to me, he used to work the off-shore oil rigs, would drive from Tx to FL all the time....truck had 400K on it no **** and still ran great when I sold it. Took care of it though, let it warm up good every time before driving, never got on it or acted stupid. I think we replaced a water pump at some point though. point is, take care of your stuff and keep the maintenance top-notch and it'll last. Sorry for the rant. I'm in the market for a new truck also, I got a big lifted dodge quad cab tht just sits in my drive cause I ride my bike year round, only use the truck for hunting and fishing trips, would rather have an old hardbody or toyota 4X4, no need for a truck as nice as I have for as little as I use it. If it were me, I'd go for another toyota or the nissan, don't think you can go wrong with either.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:38 PM

Always a chevy guy but I'm in love with the new Frontier. The thing about honda and toyota (although the tacoma is cool otherwise) is they have the worst towing capacity ever. Nissan is the first import company to make a truck with *****. I've driven the Frontier and it's fast and a nice ride my only complaint is the turning radius on that truck. I wouldn't even consider anything else on that list.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:34 PM

Since ford doesnt sell their crew cab turbodiesel ranger in the US, and yes, there IS such a truck, only available in every other nation EXCEPT the US. but anyway, since that isnt likely to be an option, I'd go for the Nissan.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:48 PM

Honestly, I have had my truck for 3 years now and love it. It is a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi!! LOVE IT! Gas isint to bad with a few mods, but you dont have to get the hemi either. Bike fits perfect in the bed. But, out of those, I would go with the Frontier or Dakota.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 AM

I know this is honda forum and burn me all you want but I hate the ridgeline. Any truck that has no bed seam immedialtly qualifys as a pos. Lets assume you get macked in the bed from the side. You cant order a new bed. You can order a new truck becuase no your front is messed up to since its connected. I am a toyota man all the way. I have a 93 toyota helix 22re with 200 thousand miles that I ran into the back of a can at 45 and it still starts and runs with a blown radiator. I dont drive but it does run.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:48 AM

HAHA Believe me, no one is going to rip on you for hating that ugly pos ridgeline.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:22 AM

Four choices and only one American made car! For shame!

Old 10-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant speak from experience on the dependability or usage of any of them as i have never owned a truck. however, i always liked the dakotas, and the new ones are just off the chain clean.

Quick Reply: New Truck