Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

new toy

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006 | 02:32 PM
Default RE: new toy

Yeah, I got where you're coming from. Overall it is in really good shape, and you're right. A fully restored duster/demon sometimes brings $40-60k if you find the right buyer - ie someone with a lot of dough to **** away.
Some guy that my friend with the Shelby 500 ran into while he drove the car to the store someplace was willing to trade him his new F350 diesel for the 500. I think my friend told him to **** off, but in a nicer way lol.
Do you have any idea how far off center the front has been moved if any? Did they keep the oem upper and lowers etc and just move the mounting locations? Or was that part of the tube that you can see in the one picture?

Old 09-24-2006 | 03:13 PM
|
Default RE: new toy

the "tube" is where the upper control arm is now mounted.

it looks like they did a good job of that, but im really not sure how well their setup will stand up to regular driving. it also has ladder bars, as well as the aftermarket front and rear sway bars...

the demon that i was looking at originally was on ebay...it was a badly rusted out slant 6 car, and it was twice what we paid for this one...i was looking around for a while, mostly at shows like the mopar nationals, and its obscene what some cars are going for now. there was a 69 charger..no floor, no interior, no roof, no quarters, no fenders, no hood no grille..the car had been just about completely parted out, but it was VIN'd as a factory hemi car...it went for 8 grand...

a few example...(the green one which i was talking about above isnt on ebay anymore)

5100, reserve not met...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...QQcmdZViewItem

1500, reserve not met...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...QQcmdZViewItem

i would say that while my car isnt a numbers car by any stretch, its in much better shape than that first example, and i paid a fraction of the price...

plus, the list of stuff that i got with the car, "extra parts"...that stuff filled a 10x10 storage garage...i got three steering columns with tuff wheels...extra rallye clusters...2 transmissions...4 extra doors, extra hood and trunk, 2 sets of interior, and about 20 boxes of stuff that i havent gotten into. before the car was torn apart and painted/rebuilt, the guy had two parts cars, hence the extra parts...i also have chrome trim for three cars...all of which i will sell..