Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New rear and i love it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New rear and i love it.

I never realised how much a tire would do for your bike. I just got my new rear tire on and i cant beleive the difference. My bike feels smoother, more pickup, and a little bit higher in the rear.

When my other tire was badly worn i felt every little bump and it felt like it took forever to gain speed.

And for some reason im not sure why but my clutch disengages alot sooner. I only have to pull it in less than a 1/4 of an inch before its disengaged. I cant freaking wait to see what my new front will feel like.

Anyways just thought i would share.

Tire is also a 2CT

Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just out of curiosity - What brand tire was it? Also, how much did you pay? Do you recommend it?

Old 10-04-2010, 06:41 PM

Its a michelin 2CT. I love it so far but only have about 6 miles on it due to work. Although there are literally 1000's of reviews all saying they love it so im sure it will treat me good.

Others that ive had are the BT-015 and BT-016 - and both were great tires. The BT-016 was a bit sticker than the BT-015 but both held equally well on corners. I got 7000 miles on the BT-015 and about 5000 on my BT-016.

I paid 124.99 at motorcyce superstore for a 180-55-17 which was the best deal i could find.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Unless your knee is on the ground, 99% of that new feeling is placebo. I'm sure the bike feels great when it's leaned over!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones
Unless your knee is on the ground, 99% of that new feeling is placebo. I'm sure the bike feels great when it's leaned over!
How is that so?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I'd like to hear how so as well !

Hey fenatic which Mich' 2 ct.'s ya get .?

Last edited by Sprock; 10-04-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 PM

Tire will have no effect on your clutch...bike may feel smoother if the old tire was overinflated or this is under inflated. Certainly a properly inflated tire will make the bike feel peppier, as it isn't dragging rubber on the ground, unnecessarily.

I don't mean to ruin your party, I just replaced both my tires and began to feel more confident on my bike, again. I just can't see all the effects you are describing as a product of your new tire, unless the old one had no tread, was run at 15PSI, and chunks of it were in your clutch.

No worries man, I still absolutely ENVY your white 600rr...so I can try and rain on your party, but I would kill for a white RR.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Yeah I'd like to hear how so as well !

Hey fenatic which Mich' 2 ct.'s ya get .?
The pilot power 2cts. I like em so far. They feel good.

Timmy_Jones --Tire will have no effect on your clutch
I wasnt sayin my tire was affecting my clutch. Im not sure what is doin that.Maybe its the same and the few days i didnt ride i forgot what it felt like. I think the guys may have tightend it up when i got the tire put on since they like to go above and beyond when i drop my bike off there.

bike may feel smoother if the old tire was overinflated or this is under inflated
Both aer at the same cold PSI always run. But a new tire will feel much more smoother because more rubber on the tire means more shock absorbtion before it works its way through the bike and into me feeling it.

Anyways im sure the bike also feels peppy because they have tightened the chain and i have better traction than my old bald tire.

Im just curious as to how the feeling is a placebo unless me knee is on the ground?

(sorry for any spelling errors in this post. Im at my party haven a few drinks .)

Old 10-05-2010, 01:12 AM

And thanks for the complimets on my bike. I love to hear em. Or in this case read em.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:52 AM

2ct's are teh shiznit, although I do prefer the bt016r's. The best part about new tires (if you're a commuter or do lots of highway miles) is that you get back that easy-turn in due to the round profile that you previously didn't have... that 55 profile must be funnn.

Quick Reply: New rear and i love it.