Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Job

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Job

So today I just found out that I got the job that I applied for! I was going for a produce manager position. And some how I got it! I am only 21 so it is a great oppertunity! Any suggestions for being a manager would be nice!

Old 05-05-2006, 04:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Job

Stay on good terms with your staff and don't get all power trippish.. I say this as a sales associate for a computer/office store for the last 4 years (god i need to get out and goto hydro or something) but yeah, I have waaay more respect for the older managers who are a little more relaxed but still ontop of things then the new managers that seem to have a hard core pickle in their ***. good luck and congrats though!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:12 AM

congrats on gettin' the job! i know some people in your field and 21 is young for a produce mgr - great job!

Old 05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, syphen got it. take care of your people and dont get on a power trip. i was a GM for domino's for way too long (hehe, im only 20!) and i had lots of managers work for me which i had to train, and i have worked for lots of managers in this company. you want your people to respect and want to work for you, but at the same time dont be a bitchboy and let them walk all over you. keep it cool but always remember to be a boss not a buddy. you are there to run a business not make friends, but you need to be on their good side to get things done.

oh yeah, one more thing, you are going to LOVE management! J/K, i hated it after a bit.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:56 PM

Congrats!

Just remember, a happy worker is a productive worker. Obviously don't be too nice, but give them compliments for a job well done then rip them a new one when they screw up (without being a ***** about it either). Be straight up. I'm that way and those that work for me love it. Large majority of the time they know where they stand. Best advice I can give.

Old 05-06-2006, 05:27 PM

Thanks for all the advise everyone! My first day is Monday So we will see how it goes!