Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Family Addition!! (56k maybe..)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Family Addition!!

thats a sick bike. good pick up. i really like the sound of the engine.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 PM

I love that bike. i friend of mine has one and i tell him i am going to take it from him. when i was over in iraq i saw that bike on the intarweb and even though i will never get rid of my honda i will own one of these someday and i love the color.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:45 PM

The blue looks amazing. I have a buddy that has a black one, and just recently did a little customizing. He did all the work himself. Here she is:

Old 10-08-2008, 01:39 AM

^^ That looks great! .. nothing like doing something yourself and having it turn out like that...she's a beaut Yellow.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:32 AM

Hmm, this brings a question. The bike does look good, as I even thought of looking at one before buying my Honda. When I mentioned it to a fellow rider, he told me, hell no, they are garbage. Of course that was his opinion. Please dont take this the wrong way crash, butIf this bike is so good? Why dont we hear about TRIUMPH in the same sentences as Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha, and even Ducati? Is this like comparing a Hyundai or a Kia to a Honda or Nissan?
this is the first bike Triumph has really gotten right when talking about sportbikes. the Daytona 595..(now the 955) was a close bike, but not good enough when compared to the jap bikes. the 675 hangs with all the middleweights and and a huge improvement over Triumph's TT bike that was just a heavy slow bike. these all cause a bad rap sheet for them and most will not give the new bike a chance thinking they are the same as the bikes of the past.

You have to keep in mind that Triumph has been around for along time. Anyone that knows bikes does put these in the same class as ducati, moto guzzi,..ect. Just a different genre of motorcycles than sportbikes. they got their feet wetwith the 595, now they are in neck deep and making a goodproduct with the 675. And, a lot of people do notlike the fact that it is a triple.

A good way to look at is like this. Most people, including myself, consider what they have to be the best out there. It may not be, and is quite honestly just ignorant on our part. Take for example Harley. The japs make a great cruiser to compete with Harley and for less money. But, the minute you pull up on one, some tool is gonna walk up and say " hey, nice hog man.. oh, thats not a Harley, thats not a real bike". These are comments base on complete ignorance. Unless your friend has ridden one, he really can't make an informed decision. I havent ridden one either, So I did the next best and read up on them. Considering what I have read to be true, its a hell of a bike.

Al in all, its just an opinion. I myself, consider triumph to be in the same category as the4 jap manufacturers.