Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The New England Patriots caused 9/11, Global warming, and the war in Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New England Patriots caused 9/11, Global warming, and the war in Iraq

Call me crazy but for some reason AFTER the NFL regular season I got a bug to write about it. I already posted my first article in the OT but it was just mindless typing because I was bored at work and wanted to write something. This one I edited a bit and actually re-read it before I posted it. I hope you like why I think the New England Patriots are what is wrong with American sports today.

http://rojerlockless.sportsblognet.c...land-patriots/

Old 01-05-2010, 01:23 PM

i guessing yer not a pats fan?....Man i have the same problems with the Jaguars, they got rid of Tom Coughlin, cause the players didnt like how he wood bench you if you got introuble with the law. then Del Rio showed and doesnt say hardly a word about the troubles. and most of our team gets paid very well reguardless of win or loose, and you shood see how arrogant they act after loosin . Jags dont care about the team or its fans, and the fans have reacted by not going to the games, witch is why all of our home games were blacked out. I WAS a big fan but after some of the chit ive seen with this team, ive given up on them...sad ...jags are so full of problems with management, coaches, and lack-luster players, i dont know if they will recover in this town...im not just a fair-weather fan, as i stuck it out thru several loosing seasons, just cant stand to see criminalistist, arrogant,asshats jump up and down and dance because of a 2 yard run when yer down 28 to nuthin, look at the score board ,jerk. to be fair there a few very worthy players, but we all know it takes a team not individuals...rant,rant,rant, ....Roj ,i feel ya pain bro

Old 01-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Being a Texans fan I hate the Jag's too and I can't believe we lost to you guys twice this year /doh

Last edited by RojerLockless; 01-05-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Being a Texans fan I hate the Jag's too and I can't believe we lose to you guys twice this year /doh
my roots go back to Houston, i was a oilers fan as a kid "luv ya Blue" . Earl Cambell was king, i still have a autograph somewhere. and ya ,to be beaten by the jags is a kick in the cherries. I like the Texans, steeelers, and the saints, got my reasons. nice to relieve some team stress

Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 AM

Guess it is true when people say everybody hates a winner..Sorry guys maybe after the Pats win their 4th ring this year they will give you guys teams a chance at it again next year. Thanks to your teams for playing tho, The Pats need somebody to beat.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jadyone2
Guess it is true when people say everybody hates a winner..Sorry guys maybe after the Pats win their 4th ring this year they will give you guys teams a chance at it again next year. Thanks to your teams for playing tho, The Pats need somebody to beat.
Care to make a friendly wager?

I don't care much about football, and while the Bucs, Texans and Astros are my teams by geography, I couldn't really care much less most of the time. I root for them on the odd chance I'm watching the game or especially if I go to a game, but I don't buy jerseys, I don't follow stats much and I don't really care all that much. You could say I don't put nearly as much stock in pro sports as a lot of people.

That said, since the Red Sox won the world series a few years back and the Pats won a few super bowls I really couldn't dislike Boston fans and New Englanders much more.

I have one guy in my office here, in particular. It's like when they're winning all he wants to talk about is how they're the best, and they're a dynasty, and they're unstoppable and Brady is a god and Belichik is a god. Funny thing is that he (and several of my college buddies from Mass, VT, etc.) won't even talk to me when Belichik's cheating comes out or when the pats and the red sox sucked this year. I'm not just saying he won't talk about it, I'm saying he literally won't come out of his office and he (they) shuts himself off from the rest of us because he fears being ridiculed. This is how it is with almost every one of my New England buddies. They go absolutely silent when they're teams are in the crapper or there's any kind of controversy with their team. They can dish it, but they sure can't take it.

Look, I understand you get excited when your team is hot, but New England fans are a breed of their own and that's not meant to be a compliment. I'll give them credit for a couple of great seasons... but the roller-coaster emotions of New England fans is both sad and hilarious to me...

That's my take as a relatively unbiased fan.

p.s. You have to be a winner if you're going to say everyone hates a winner, because you definitely can't call the pats or the Red Sox winners this year.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bambam
my roots go back to Houston, i was a oilers fan as a kid "luv ya Blue" . Earl Cambell was king, i still have a autograph somewhere. and ya ,to be beaten by the jags is a kick in the cherries. I like the Texans, steeelers, and the saints, got my reasons. nice to relieve some team stress
Oooo... someone mention Earl! Met him several times as a kid. My mom's boss was friends with him and he was always coming to the office. Great player but what I remember about him was he was a great guy.

Always smiling and laughing. Played with any of the kids in the office at the time. Not one of today's "Grab yer ****ing ankle biter before I punt him" unless a camera is around NFL stars

Old 01-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Oooo... someone mention Earl! Met him several times as a kid. My mom's boss was friends with him and he was always coming to the office. Great player but what I remember about him was he was a great guy.

Always smiling and laughing. Played with any of the kids in the office at the time. Not one of today's "Grab yer ****ing ankle biter before I punt him" unless a camera is around NFL stars
yup...reel deal.. Earl was the bomb , off the feild and on. He saw me waitin for an auto when i was 10 at one of the games, and he came straight over and said nice jersey kid signed my flyer and told me to stay true and left, looked rite at me and acted like a True gentlman. Ive never met pro athlete with a better attitude, all who met this man loves him. What happened to the league?

Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
:
That said, since the Red Sox won the world series a few years back and the Pats won a few super bowls I really couldn't dislike Boston fans and New Englanders much more.

I have one guy in my office here, in particular. It's like when they're winning all he wants to talk about is how they're the best, and they're a dynasty, and they're unstoppable and Brady is a god and Belichik is a god. Funny thing is that he (and several of my college buddies from Mass, VT, etc.) won't even talk to me when Belichik's cheating comes out or when the pats and the red sox sucked this year. I'm not just saying he won't talk about it, I'm saying he literally won't come out of his office and he (they) shuts himself off from the rest of us because he fears being ridiculed. This is how it is with almost every one of my New England buddies. They go absolutely silent when they're teams are in the crapper or there's any kind of controversy with their team. They can dish it, but they sure can't take it.

Look, I understand you get excited when your team is hot, but New England fans are a breed of their own and that's not meant to be a compliment. I'll give them credit for a couple of great seasons... but the roller-coaster emotions of New England fans is both sad and hilarious to me...

That's my take as a relatively unbiased fan.

p.s. You have to be a winner if you're going to say everyone hates a winner, because you definitely can't call the pats or the Red Sox winners this year.
Well said

LOL this is the reaction I get from most of the "bandwagon" fans of New England. A guy here who I bet couldn't tell me one person on the line or anyone on defense on the team, the kickers name or really anyone outside the circle of "untouchables" that is the stars of New England.

Kinda reminds me of politics although I wont even go down that road. I backed up all my comments with fact's cited and documented. He shoots back with "well your team sucks and ha ha im better then you and yours" ROFL

I don't even need to point out how bad it makes you look but it's all good I dont hate the fan's. I'm sure if I lived in New England and loved Brady like you obviously do I'd try my best to look past the cheating to win but I just don't think I could argue with someone that they deserved it and that the cheating "didnt matter" or any number of the arguments I've heard from the Boston faithful.

Sorry for the rambling but it's always the same reply to facts.... Opinions of the insulter
I'll leave with this comment.
It takes a real winner to be a good sport if you win or if you lose. The pat's have proven to be neither a good sport in either case and it looks like you have great sportsmanship on par with them as well!

Last edited by RojerLockless; 01-07-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No worries. You're missing a ring or 2 aren't ya bub? You need 2 more rings to catch the 49ers and the Cowboys

Then maybe that "ring" talk might be closer to appropriate.

Quick Reply: The New England Patriots caused 9/11, Global warming, and the war in Iraq