Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Dainese helmet

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dainese helmet

Just got my new issue of Cycle World and saw an advertisement for their new Bluetooth-enabled helmet. It allows you to talk wirelessly to a passenger (as long as they have a bluetooth helmet also) which I think is ok. But it also allows you to use a cellphone while riding!
OMG, as if we didn't have enough to worry about! Now, we have to worry about bikers using their cell phones while riding!! That is sooooo stupid!

Old 04-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Dainese helmet

No more distracting than riders using chatterboxes on group rides, or to some degree using MP3 players so they can't hear what's around them.

It all comes down to the level of experience and responsibility exhibited by each indiviual.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:53 PM

I got the same issue. I really cant say much about it except, "Not for me." I do use my pod now and again. But I keep it down low enough to hear my bike and surounding cars. Listening to music to me is way different than talking on the phone. I was in Vegas this past weekend and was walking with my girl past the Harley bar and grill and there was a guy out side sitting on his bike with a drink watching a movie. Nothing about that seemed right. And then my poor girlfriend had to listen to meb!$ch about how dumb that guy was for about an hour.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:43 PM

They should stick to making gloves, boots and leathers because that is one ugly looking helmet. Also, the bluetooth idea is ok for chatting with passenger, but now idiots will be chatting on the phone while riding too...which reminds me, I have to install a new cupholder and ashtray on the bike.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:00 PM
VP

if you have aphone that is stereo bluetooth you can listen to music via bluetooth so that's cool

Old 04-11-2007, 10:28 PM

I bought a Nolan which can have all that to (for a price) www2.nolan.it/home.asp
The point is though, its all there if you want it, no need to drill or compromise the integrity of the helmet. But if you did fork out for the gear, your going to be buying Nolans for a while.
But a friend and I went and got a CB bike to bike radio with headset/mike, bar activator button (left grip), has voice activation, (but useless with wind noise) and its reasonable coverage for a couple of clicks. All for $99 each (thats Australian money). Makes it it easy to tell someone when you have to stop for fuel or a pee.
At 1st we prattled like anything, but once you settle down, you only use it when you have to.
We intend to buy new handsets with more grunt, which ups the cost a bit ($300ish) Braker, braker.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Retired Moderator

Some of our biggest threats arecager a$$holeson cell phones...now we have to worry about our own kindtalking on their cell phone? If I were president, and you rode a bike and had to talk on your cell phone at the same time, that would be punishable by beheading or stoning. As far as listening to music and riding, I am too stupid to do two things at once.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:53 AM

Well lets face it the goldwings have on board GPS, huge sound systems which happen to accept flash drives even, 6-disc cd changers, and CB's. Tell me all that stuff isnt the slightest bit dangerous? I can see it now: I crashed because I was trying to switch flash drives because Niel Diamond just wasnt doing it for me right now.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:27 AM

I test rode a Goldwing, early last year, at to be honest I did not play any music, but boy, all those lights & gizmos get your attention.Wot a monster to manhandle in to a parking spot. However the best bike I ever rode for taking your attention away from the road was back in 80's when they released all the Turbo bikes. Rode a Yamaha along the freeway & boy was it a hoot waiting for the boost indicator to come on like it was suddenly Christmas (and that is unfortunately why they didn't last) having to wait for the turbo to build up
I never rode one, but Honda Turbo was even more "futuristic"

Old 04-12-2007, 04:49 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

Quick Reply: New Dainese helmet