Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Blackbird?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blackbird?

Lol, I love to see people trashing on the GSX....for what? What was it called above? A squid machine?

Thats funny. People just feeding the hype and believing everything they hear.

The GSX is a very capable machine, very ridable, and much more affordable than a Honda. I prefer a Honda, but if I was looking for bang=buck, I think there are good choices elsewhere. Honda has a sticker shock that IMO goes beyond their reliability and quality. Kinda in the realm of brand name inflation....

This being the fourth Honda I have owned, I came back because of the good luck I had with the others before. To say that its better than "brand x" just cause its a Honda, or that no one else makes a good bike is foolish.
How many of you people talking **** have actually taken the time to ride a GSX with an open mind to its good features?
I gotta say the new GSXR 1000 my buddy has is super nice. I am jealous....

Old 05-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

/\/\ True. My neighbors 05 600 is sick. the squid thing is just the most notable to Honda owners, I bet on the gixxer forums they think we are all squids, but squids come in all colors and brands.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: MojoWrangler

Lol, I love to see people trashing on the GSX....for what? What was it called above? A squid machine?

Thats funny. People just feeding the hype and believing everything they hear.

The GSX is a very capable machine, very ridable, and much more affordable than a Honda. I prefer a Honda, but if I was looking for bang=buck, I think there are good choices elsewhere. Honda has a sticker shock that IMO goes beyond their reliability and quality. Kinda in the realm of brand name inflation....

This being the fourth Honda I have owned, I came back because of the good luck I had with the others before. To say that its better than "brand x" just cause its a Honda, or that no one else makes a good bike is foolish.
How many of you people talking **** have actually taken the time to ride a GSX with an open mind to its good features?
I gotta say the new GSXR 1000 my buddy has is super nice. I am jealous....
my brother has a 2002GSX-R 600 that is modified and its a nice bike but i dont like how it feels to me (same he doesnt really like the feel of my 929 loves the power/torque though) but i have never ridden a GSX but the
GSX-R is one helluva bike

Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 AM

Sorry for not being more specific, I was referring to the R series.

The "can-o-tuna" is really more of a sport tourer with an economy price IMO. Its got some of the advantages of the lineage, but with the frame it uses is too heavy. Still a decent performer in its price range.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

^ i knew what you meant just had to give you a hard time .. you're still a newb lol

Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 AM

i think a lot of guys riding gixxer dont have a clue what the f there doing. but at the same time for ever honda i see, i see about 7 gsxrs so i think suzuki sells more so your going to find more people who are morrons on them. i also dont get what your talking about in price diffrence at the dealer today the 07 rr was 7999 and the 07 gsxr was 7800 not enoght to make me go for eithere one if i like the other better. i have alway been a suzuki fan my self but the f4i seem more like what i was looking for. but i wouldnt not buy a gsxr becuase a bunch of squids ride them. its still a good bike. the only bikes i hate are yamhas

Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mad squids and noobs come in to my work tryin to cop busas and zx 14s, the almighty dollar has gotten the best of me and i do not give a flying **** about these people, if they want to buy the bike ill be happy to sell it

Old 05-30-2007, 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Redd

Lots of rumors...But I highly doubt there will be a new blackbird. BTW, the Honda blackbird is still available in Europe and Australia, there was a rumor it was being discontinued in europe, but the bike is still on the 2007 lineup.

Looks like Honda will come out with a newly designed 1000RR, possibly bring the Hornet here (another unknown), and rumors of a V5 bike as well.
Redd, I'm confused.

Honda might possibly bring the Hornet here from Europe? The Honda Hornet is the 919. It's been sold in this country for 6 or more years, and I've had one since 2003. Are you referring to another model?

Chuck
[:-]

ps. there may be a chance you're referring to a Hornet / 919 redesign. Then it would make sense and I take back my confusion.