Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New bike or car???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New bike or car???

Right now I'm torn between my two hobbys. Building cars and riding sportbikes, and I only have enough income to do one for the next few years.

On the one side i have a 1980 rx7 and a 350 from my old nova. I've always wanted a V8 rx7 and I'm more than capable of pulling it off in less than a month. Then I would have a fun car to drive and race and I would still have my F3.

On the other side I'm currently riding a '97 F3, which is more then enough speed and handleing for me, but I literally ride it every single day, rain or shine, and I would kill myself if it broke and I couldn't ride for an extended period of time. It only has 19k miles on it. I'm also kind of a big guy and the bike doesn't really fit me very well, but it gets the job done. Theres no one other bike that I can think off that I really want, but I know I want something bigger. Not so much for the speed, but more for the comfortableness.

If anyone has any good suggestions for which kind of bike that would be cool too.

Every day i change my mind on which one i want to do, so I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on it.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Default RE: New bike or car???

New bike ! Can't beat the thrill/fun factor of 2 wheels. If you see a 900/929/954 around try and check one out, they are a very good size as far as comfort. Maybe even a VFR, the best sounding bikes ever !

Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 AM

I envy you for being in the position to build a car you love and still have a great bike. Build the RX7 and keep the F3. Try this out for next season (if you live somewhere that has seasons), and if it doesn't work out, you can always sell the F3 when you build up enough money to upgrade (hey, if it takes another year or so, no big deal-just take the RX out if you're bored)...

..Uuuummm, and lose werght. That way, the F3 will fit youbetter-lol!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 AM

I have always been into Custom cars and truck and off road bikes. I have had both in the past, but not that I ride street I could care less about cars. I have a custom 2004 Dakota and i am trying to sell it so i have money for the next bike. I love my F4, but it has 27K onthe clock and i ride alot so it's just a matter of time till I have to get a new bike or rebulid this one.

I say get a new bike.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 AM

Oh .... probably one of the only instances I would say car.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 PM

There's so many variables to consider, especially the climate where you live. Tough call: I'll say BIKE.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Get a new bike, yeah it might be seasonal but you have way more fun riding then driving.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 AM

I think I'm gonna stick with my F3, because what riding is to me is improving my own skills and whatnot. Sure I could buy a faster/newer bike and I would physically go faster, but I wouldn't really learn fromdoing that. And as far as comfort goes, the F3 aint so bad, especially compared to new 600's. And the only bikes that are more comfy i dont think would be as much fun, although I do really like the F4i. And as for losing weight, I'm trying! I've lost like 35 since Christmas, but I'm still about 265-270. It will be a long time before I reach the weight that I should be at. I dont feel bad about the way I look because I am a very athletic type(did track and football in highschool), but now that I dont need to throw a big heavy ball or knock people on their asses i gotta lose some lbs cause I wanna go fast!

I also think that I'm almost kinda obligated to build this car because I'm and engineer and this is what Im going to school to do. My dream job is to butcher perfectly good stock cars to make something that is unique and outperforms anything on the road.

Also the rotary engine, while it is a cool idea and all, kinda sucks and I want something fast AND reliable.

Im actually kinda surprised no rx7 nut saw this post and started bashin the who v8 thing...

Old 09-26-2007, 01:30 PM

Good Choice. Hey, If you want some advice about losing weight,pm me. I lost about 80 lbs. since the winter and didn't even exercise!

^
Wow, I kinda sound like an infomercial there lol. But seriously, I know how to get the pounds off.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:38 PM

I would have to say stick with the car in this instance. Good luck!