Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

New Aprilia RSV4

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Aprilia RSV4

I like it but wouldn't write home about it.

imo the line up (of all the big 4) gets uglier and uglier every year lately ...

Old 09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nauree

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

Get rid of the carbon fiber and I'm good.
replace with what? You can always paint it if you dont like the look. But you wont replace it with anything lighter or stronger for that matter.

I like it.
Replace it with a normal paint job. All that carbon fiber makes it look like a checkard flag. Why should I buy a brand new bike just to paint it the way I like.
The all carbon fiber one is the wsb bike that Max Biaggi will run in 2009, trust me you wont be able to buy that bike. The other bike is the factory edition ( brembo brakes, ohlins shocks, carbon fiber, etc. ) if you don't like the cf then don't get the special edition of the bike.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Secksi, but not for me. Liking the 848 better.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:05 PM

carbon fiber or abs, strength isn't even a characteristic worth mentioning, when the bike is in a position where the strength of the front fender or the rear hugger is required I don't think it'll matter if it's made from cardboard or carbon fiber, that ****'s gonna break. It's strictly there to shield debris and weigh as little as possible...hence the carbon fiber. I like it, always have liked carbon fiber. Looks too much like a 08 1000rr.

regarding the arguments about exhaust on the new models....everyone who is everyone changes the exhaust. Even the slick 600rr undertail exhaust...people change it so I think bitching about the exhaust the mfg'ers are putting on the new bikes is pointless...you'd change it even if it looked cool.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:36 PM

I like it because it can stand on it's own....look, you don't even need to put the stand down!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

when did they ever make a nice looking stock can??

mv agusta quad tip

Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All brand new sportsbikes looks impressive and sophisticated for me. This how you feel when using a 10 yr old bike! [&o]

Old 09-29-2008, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Replace it with a normal paint job. All that carbon fiber makes it look like a checkard flag. Why should I buy a brand new bike just to paint it the way I like.
Do you expect the manufacturer to make it the way you like? Not gonna happen.

The whole point of the "aftermarket" is to customize the bike to your style.
Yes, I do. That is one of the things that normal people look at when buying a new bike. Once again. Why should I buy a bike, that I has a deal breaking feature, to spend another $500+ for new fairings.

because carbon fiber is lighter n stronger than the abs plastic you are wanting to replace it with. Not to mention goes along with the race inspired feel n look of the bike itself. You just need to stick to Jap bikes since you dont like the exotic bikes.
I bet you that is just ABS plastic with a carbon fiber overlay or something.
on my bike you bet. On the Aprilia I doubt it very seriously.
I gotta agree with PG here. Dude, its an Aprilia, hence the reason for the large price tag. There not going to give "fake" carbon fiber

Old 09-30-2008, 12:06 AM

That is freaking SEXY!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 12:30 AM

Im really not diggin the short tail sections the new bikes have. they all look rediculous with such a short tail. Having said that, its a pretty nice looking bike considering the new crop out there.

But, after seeing all that 09 has to offer.. Nothing........... absolutely nothing will touch the Ducati in the looks department. I really wish Ducati would come out with a competitive inline 4. I just cant get past the thump thump thump.....

Quick Reply: New Aprilia RSV4