Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Netflix Revenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Netflix Revenge

So, I did something I now regret, let me explain:

We get Netflix, and are signed up for four movies at a time with no limit per month. I costs like $28/ month. About 20-25% of my movies are jacked up. They won't play, or they are so scratched that you have to forward through several chapters to get past the bad parts. Anyway, I am currently watching "The Shield" via dvd, and I got yet another disc that I couldn't watch. Now I have to wait about a week or more to get a replacement disc.Ray Charles couldflip the disc over and see it won't work (scratched to ****!!!). So, this morning, I got a knive and scratched "doesn't work" into the bottom of the disc, so they don't send it out again. Now I am thinking that they will charge me for it, even though it never worked to begin with. Sometimes I react without thinking. I should just take my lazy *** to the video store down the street.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Default RE: Netflix Revenge

go block....BUSTER!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

good job for trying to catch up on "the shield" best program on TV ! th eseason premiere is april 3rd on FX you better hurry or you wont understand that the hell is happening !

Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 PM

I dont know if they actually look at them thought. Some are automatically sorted. Either way, its only like $8 a disc. But atleast they know now, haha. And you better hurry up, One week until the new season starts!!!!!!! Next Tuesday man!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 01:03 AM

huh I've never had a problem with scratched discs from netflix

blockbuster is nice but they don't have a lot of the motorcycle related stuff or some of the random crap I think up every once in a while

Old 03-28-2007, 09:36 AM
VP

voodoo i'm not trying to be a dick but have you tried a different DVD player? I use blockbuster onlineand I never get anything scratched up.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:02 AM

I love Netflix, they have way more options than Blockbuster. Blockbusters only strong point is the abilty to go "in store" and get a movie, buit you can only do t once a month, big deal. Plus, the whole reason I have Netflix is because I don't want to go int he store to begin with. Not to mention the selection in the store is "limted"(to put it lightly) I have about 100 DVDs in my colection now thanks to NEtflix I do occasionaly get 1 that dosn't work greak though, but for the most part the stuff I get runs. Most of what I get is not to common, so I assume they don't swap hands as much.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 AM

I have had a 4 at a time plan with Netflix since 2004. During that time I have received quit a few disks that were scratched so bad they would not play. I have even received two disks that were broken in half and the envelopes were not damaged at all. One thing to watch with Netflix is the return address on the envelopes. I noticed on several envelopes that the return address was in CA. Since I am in South TX that adds several days to the return time before the next DVD is sent out. When I tried to contact Netflix about the problem I got the impression that no one was actually reading the emails that I was sending. No matter how many times I replied to a message I always received the same response. I did finally find a customer service number if anyone needs it 1-800-585-8131. Also it is a good idea to save the flaps from the envelopes. Every 3 or 4 months Blockbuster has been running a promotion that allows Netflix subscribers to get one free rental for each envelope.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:23 AM

bad vodo bad.... i have i think 5 or 6 dvd at a time plan. i have not gotten a dvd i cant play yet... it seens eveything where u guyz live sucks. from usps to now netflix, everything is good here.

they do resurface them u know... shame on u. or maby not it must suck where u live.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:25 AM

I used to do netflix, I'd just get the disc, burn it right away and send it back...it was great! then I stopped having time for anything cause school has been getting more and more intense. Anyway, I watched a documentry on Netflix and how its just one random dude that thought of it one day and now they rake in over 50 mil a month! We'll all find our something someday but the disks are actually hand checked when they return then automatically sorted... Either way, I doubt they'll take the time to charge you for the movie cause it would prob be pretty hard to prove that you were the one that etched it in ther(props by the way)

My buddy, who rides an SV650, drank adrink that he didnt pay for and when he was about to leave he got stopped by security...they didn't make him pay for it but they had him sign a peice of paper that was something along the lines of "I shoplifted, and that is not the right thing to do" Big companies like these dont want to spend the time prosecuting little things like that...I would just limit it to one disk every other month and theyll get the picture...

Quick Reply: Netflix Revenge