Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

need your opinion..girls or guys.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your opinion..girls or guys.

Whats's good birthday gift? or should buy my ex-girlfriend a birthday gift?
its 5am and im still up and stressing.
We dated for 2 years with a couple fights and arguments in between. We were engaged once.
We broke up a couple months ago and still talk couple times a week, however I am thinking about cutting off communication due to the fact that I am depressed about not being with her and thing aint getting nowhere. I do want her back. I know that she still loves me, but she doesnt show
any sign that she still has feeling for me.I struggle between keeping myself in her life to some pointso she doesnt forget about me, her a which includes buying b'day present, and just getting out of it. Sadly I think she may be the one and I basically let her go
She knows how I feel, but she does not believe me and she hates me riding my bike. lol
her birthday's in a week, and i am clueless. A part of me want to get her a present and other half i just want to make a clean break of it.
thanks you guys

Old 08-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Default RE: need your opinion..girls or guys.

well i wont tell you which to do because only you know your relationship, and where to head with it. But what i can tell you is basically this is IT.....if you do get her a gift, you will continue talking, but if you dont get her a gift, you better cut things off completely with her....shes gonna wonder why she didnt get anything and itll be time to tell her your plans.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont cheat yourself of your feelings, obviously you still love her, and to me, any hope (no matter how small) is better than knowing nothing will ever happen...buy her the gift...

Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Retired Moderator

I've been there. I was separated from my ex-wife (twice) and I let it consume me. I always wondered how I could be suffereing so bad, and she seemed to be carrying on with her life just fine (maybe even better). I would drunk call, and show up at the house at random intervals, have long conversations begging to come home. I was even in a budding relationship that I broke off when she started to take an interest in me (after the first split). Looking back, I wonder "what if" about the girl I was seeing...she is still one of my very best friends in the world to this day. I also realized that I was a slave to my co-dependance on this woman. It was like having chlamydia and not taking any medicine for it...I look at my dependance on her as a disease. Now, I wonder how I could have ever let myself be so weak. I am not sure what you're situation is exactly, but I would get some perspective by taking ten huge steps backwards. Don't buy her a present, quit calling all the time, and start keeping yourself occupied. You will feel better in time. Good luck.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 AM

If she doesn't show any sign that she still has feelings for you, there's a pretty damn good chance she doesn't. If you want to buy her a gift, buy her a gift you'd give to one of your female friends, not something you'd buy for a girlfriend. I personally would take her out to dinner, nothing too fancy, and nothing really cheap either. Cheap says "I don't give a **** about you." and fancy says "I want to get back with you ." pick something neutral as it will throw her off.

The best way to find out if she wants to get back with you is for you to move on. If she wants you to take her back in, she'll come on her own, and if not, who really cares? You'll have already started dating other women.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 AM

I'm with the above poster that said a dinner would be best. I'd pick somewhere you would just take a good friend. the atmosphere will be more relaxed and you won't feel as akward when she tells you about this guy she started dating.

Seems like she is trying to get on with things and doesn't want to hurt you bad. (That's the vibe from your post)

Old 08-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont' want to pry too much, but it really depends on the condition of your relationship. Recently me and my g/f of 4 years, 3 of which we lived together and I devoted my life to this woman. About six weeks ago she said she was moving out, and she did 3 weeks ago. This has been the absolute worst 3 weeks of my life. What you need to ask is why did she leave? Will she leave again? You know, my girl left, and I didnt let her go, I did anything but 'let' her leave, but if she wants to go, she's gonna go. Can you deal with going through this again? I know the contradiction because if she were to show back up home today, I more than likely would not be able to tell this girl 'No' due to the way I feel for her. I have just recently tried going out and keeping occupied, typically in the form of alcohol, but none the less I'm with people and at least attempting not to think of her, and it does help. You will have those moments where you zombie out and feel like **** again, but you will do it a lot less than sitting at home thinking all night. You just really need to think about what is best for you right now.....and unfortunately if things are the way they are right now, then it may be for the better....you just have to stay strong until you get to the better part. Keep your head high, stay strong, and don't ride when your mind is not where it needs to be. I couldn't ride for about 2 weeks.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 AM

Ex means Ex...keep steppin..and make her chase you if she wants u back...life is too short to live depressed besides you have your Honda and u did say she didnt want u to ride...are u willing to give that up,,,your happiness?...let it go

Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: TeeSnob

Whats's good birthday gift? or should buy my ex-girlfriend a birthday gift?
its 5am and im still up and stressing.
We dated for 2 years with a couple fights and arguments in between. We were engaged once.
We broke up a couple months ago and still talk couple times a week, however I am thinking about cutting off communication due to the fact that I am depressed about not being with her and thing aint getting nowhere. I do want her back. I know that she still loves me, but she doesnt show
any sign that she still has feeling for me.I struggle between keeping myself in her life to some pointso she doesnt forget about me, her a which includes buying b'day present, and just getting out of it. Sadly I think she may be the one and I basically let her go
She knows how I feel, but she does not believe me and she hates me riding my bike. lol
her birthday's in a week, and i am clueless. A part of me want to get her a present and other half i just want to make a clean break of it.
thanks you guys
RUN!!!! You were engaged once, but didn't get married??!!! The only acceptable reasons for that happening would be a tragic family event, or tragic monetary event.
It's going to be painful to move on, but you have to. You're not the only one to go through this.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I've been there. I was separated from my ex-wife (twice) and I let it consume me. I always wondered how I could be suffereing so bad, and she seemed to be carrying on with her life just fine (maybe even better). I would drunk call, and show up at the house at random intervals, have long conversations begging to come home. I was even in a budding relationship that I broke off when she started to take an interest in me (after the first split). Looking back, I wonder "what if" about the girl I was seeing...she is still one of my very best friends in the world to this day. I also realized that I was a slave to my co-dependance on this woman. It was like having chlamydia and not taking any medicine for it...I look at my dependance on her as a disease. Now, I wonder how I could have ever let myself be so weak. I am not sure what you're situation is exactly, but I would get some perspective by taking ten huge steps backwards. Don't buy her a present, quit calling all the time, and start keeping yourself occupied. You will feel better in time. Good luck.
+10000000 this is good advice. To see how she really feels, I would play the "he who cares the least" card.... meaning front to her like it doesn't bother you that you're not together.

Quick Reply: need your opinion..girls or guys.