Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

need some one to ride with

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some one to ride with

ok i love riding i have a cbr 600 f4 and i love the bike well i dont love it. it just does me good and i ride almost every day faithfully if the weathers above 60 and clear skys but i dont never have no one to ride with any one have any ideas for me beacuse its so boring just riding by my self i just wish i had some one to ride with "pittsburgh,pa area" and summers about to come i wish i was like my brother he has so many biker friends but he moveds to atlanta so its just me n my f4.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:52 PM

If you lived closer, I'd ride with ya. But I only take 1/8 or 1/4 mile trips at a time LOL. Try stopping in at convenience stores or gas stations when you see a group of bikes there. Start a conversation with them. It's been my experience that bikers are usually friendly. Nowdays I even see Harleys and sportbikes riding together. Who would've thought...

Old 05-05-2010, 11:19 PM

I got the same problem. I hear bikes all day long. when i do go out on mine, i never see anyone else. Where do they all go? they definatley dont stop around here. I have 1 person i ride with, which is great, but damn i kinda miss ridin in a pack. Couple years ago, we never went anywhere without ridin at least 6-8 bikes. no one rides anymore, they all say there gonna though. One guy said he's gonna register his 900 this week, (he's been sayin that since March though!)

Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by DunnRR
I got the same problem. I hear bikes all day long. when i do go out on mine, i never see anyone else.

Seriously! It drives me crazy. And when I do see them, they're going in the opposite direction.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see riders all the time. Just not ones I'd ride with. Some guy pulls up next to me, I look over at him and his ride. Ok not everyone is smart enough to ride a Honda so I can look past the GSX on the fairing Seeing past the t-shirt and shorts requires effort, so far more than any desperation to have a riding buddy. But when I look and see the helmet hanging from the helmet lock or under the cargo net that's too much. Gear is a choice, I get that. But buying a helmet to accessorize the tail of your bike? Too much calamari for my appetite

And like Rommy the ones I would like to talk to a bit, geared up and riding sane, are usually whipping the other direction.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear bikes all day long. when i do go out on mine, i never see anyone else. Where do they all go?
LOL... Kinda like when I take a gun out in the woods hunting. If I don't have a gun, the deer are chillin' out everywhere.... giving me a nod and a thumbs up and chit. If I'm packin' heat, I don't see a dam thing.

But Jordan... I'd ride with you, too, if you were closer. I'm about 3hrs away, though.
You can post up in the regional section and maybe get some hits. Not too long ago, we had a pretty big group of members from Pittsburgh.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:03 AM

I'd ride with ya, but I'm in Utah. I have yet to find a group to ride with. I saw a pack of bikes (more than just two) for the first last night. I thought they were about to turn in behind me when I went through an intersection, so I putted along for them to catch up, but they disappeared.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

1) check around the restaurants for some local bike nights or other official functions.
2) many regions will have one or more web forums or blogs specific to the area. not always as easy to find as the big boards, but search for a board designed for bikers in your area.
3) check group activity sites like meetup.
4) there's gotta be a dealership or two near you, maybe a cycle gear? check with those guys.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

5) put an ad in the paper

Old 05-06-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
But when I look and see the helmet hanging from the helmet lock or under the cargo net that's too much. Gear is a choice, I get that. But buying a helmet to accessorize the tail of your bike? Too much calamari for my appetite
i ride full gear also but i do have a somewhat decent explination for the helmet on the back. i have alot of buddies back home (myrtle beach) that keep a helmet with them A) incase they pick up a girl on the blvd who wants a helmet and/or B) incase they decide to race or stunt. none of my friends wear shorts or sandals though(that i know of) and they keep a jacket and gloves in that helmet on the back. but i'll ride with the squids. as long as they aren't riding crazy i could care less if they protect themselves.

Quick Reply: need some one to ride with