Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

need some input from all you gym rats

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need some input from all you gym rats

http://www.exrx.net/

If you're serious about losing weight and being healthier, then I suggest 2 things. That site I just posted and Arnold's Bible: http://www.amazon.com/New-Encycloped.../dp/0684857219

That encyclopedia is for all shapes btw. You don't have to listen to anybody else. All the info is pretty much there. Enough said.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM

STAY AWAY FROM THE SCALE"
thats a very good piece of advice. If you want to measure success, use a tape measure. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may actually increase weight before loosing it, but still could be loosing body fat.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

On the average, 1000 calories adds up to 1 pound. So, if you can cut 2000 calories a week out of your diet, you should be on track to loosing weight.
It's 1000?? I always thought that it was like 3000 or even more, im trying to plan out my diet better to get better results so i want to find out that for sure...

Old 01-16-2009, 07:25 PM

[blockquote]quote:[/i]ORIGINAL: justasquid On the average, 1000 calories adds up to 1 pound. So, if you can cut 2000 calories a week out of your diet, you should be on track to loosing weight. [/blockquote]
It's 1000?? I always thought that it was like 3000 or even more, im trying to plan out my diet better to get better results so i want to find out that for sure...
Wow, I dont know what I was thinking. Your right. Its not 1000. Its around 3500 calories. Sorry about that.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 PM

And don't pay attention to BMI charts either. I worried a lot about those numbers until I realized there is no formula that gives you an accurate percentage.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:00 PM

are you into taking suppliments ? if so there are quite a few suppliments that will help you build muscle faster. The one I take is called naNO Vapor by muscletech. This **** is crazy and will seriously cause you to work out harder than you ever have before.

also it depends on the type of work out you do while at the gym! some work outs aka 5x10's with lower weights build size but not strength, where as 5x5s with higher weights build size/strength and 5x3's built alot of strength but almost no size. 5x10 is 5 sets of 10 reps and 5x5 is 5 sets of 5 reps and 5x3 is 5 sets of 3 reps. the reps are based off your max lift, so if you lift 200lbs a 3 rep set would probably be around 160-170 and a 10 rep set would probably be around 90-100.

there are also mechanics to working out. Take for example the 5x3 workout. you can actually turn that into a 5x5 using the same weights. say a normal 5x3 would have you lift 170 but normally you can only do that 3 reps, but!! if you take a 10 second pause between each rep which allows your muscles to flush more energy back in you can lift those weights up to 5 times. The workout is longer but more intense. In the last week i've gone from a 70lbs bicep curl to 100lbs! and from a 95lb chest press to 140lbs

do your reseach about building muscle! a good place to start is t-nation.com i believe!! they hav e a **** ton of good articals

***I must correct myself... all types of sets build strength!! however the lower the reps higher the weight the more strength you build compared to high reps low weight***

Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 AM

Do you eat breakfast? Most important meal of the day. DOn't plan on losing weight if you dont eat breakfast. Doing cardio first thing in the morning is a good idea. It gets your matabolism going for the entire day. As far as weights go, do like 1 or 2 body partsa day. Like I do chest & biceps, Legs, Shoulders & triceps, Back and biceps every week. Diet wise, limit your sugars, drink lots of water, start taking a multi-vitamin( Animal Pak is a really good one. Gives you everything you need in a day) and eat 5-6 small meals a day. and dont eat a lot of breads and pastas(they make you store body fat and make it harder to lose). Still eat them some during the day because they are your main source of energy. Eat till your not hungry, not till your full. I have wrestled all my life and have been losing weight, the right way, all my life. I lost 20 lbs in a week without missing a meal. I cut how much i ate and did lots of cardio. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!! and no offense nekidfrog musletech is junk. Take a pure protien with minimal sugar. Look how much caffeine it has in it, i can tell you now without looking at it, a **** ton. Your want a creatine that has no caffeine in it. If you want anymore advice PM me and I'll get you going on some stuff. I read a lot on lifting and suppliments. Its my 2nd passion to riding.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:27 PM

yes i'll agree caffine is horribly bad for you!! nano vapor has minimal ammounts of caffine... however as much as I hate caffine nano vapor isn't just the caffine!! the stuff inside this powder is crazy.

http://www.vaporexperience.com/product/vapor_info.shtml

Old 01-19-2009, 04:00 PM

Sorry man but I know my **** and making that kind of a jump in a year is definitly steroids doing their thing. I mean its not bad if you do it the right way but I mean watch yourself with that stuff

Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Meal portion size

Quick Reply: need some input from all you gym rats