Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

need some help with my car please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help with my car please!!!

ok so my 2002 accord has a problem with the shifter getting stuck in park. after some research i learned this is common with honda and all i have to do is disable the solenoid (probably mispelled lol) that controls the shift lock. my question is if anyone knows how to do that? couldn't find an answer anywhere else but i usually have good luck here even with my car any help would be great, oh it's an automatic by the way. thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

I bet these guys would know Accord.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 PM

Do you mean like u cant get it outta park? sounds like a brake switch. Dont disable something like that, had that problem with having a hard time getting outta Park, finally went bad when it couldnt be put into park from drive. End up being the brake switch, the sensor that tells u the brake is applied. This was on my 05 mercury with 30,xxx on it. I would start there.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:15 AM

Yeah, start on the accord forum. And try to get a factory manual somewhere too. I bet the accord forum could hook u up with that too.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:03 AM

Pimpncbr is right. Check the brake switch. I had the same issue on one of my cars after someone broke into it and took the stereo. I think them cutting the wires shorted something out and messed up the solenoid. It's only there to make sure that you're on the brake before putting the car in reverse or drive. I ended up just disconnecting and removing the solenoid. Been driving the car like that since 1996. It's a ford and the solenoid was directly under the shifter. Just had to remove the plastic cover and something like to screws.