Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please gimme some ideas!

I need some ideas on things that you wish you could "sense" while riding or while idling or w.e thatd be great. i have to build a circuit using a sensor and present it to the class b4 the end of the semester

some ideas i have:

Radar Sensor (like the ones used to detect cops radar guns and radios however not sure if there are any analog sonar sensors)
Redline sensor (have a little led light up on my dash when bike gets to redline)
Bumps in the road sensor... (sonar that detects if any very large bumps or holes are ahead for night time riding)

Things suggested so far:

Blindspot Sensor
Gear selection Sensor

some funny (but impractical for now) ideas...
a squid sensor (tells you how squiddy another rider is)
curb squirrel sensor ( detects if any girls are nearby dieng to get on the back of your bike)

im fairly proficient with circuit design and theory so just throw your idea at me no matter how complex or humerous they are.
Really appreciate any help guys, id be more than willing to throw credit to cbrf for my project

*for those of u that want a little more info:
i need to build a sensor circuit for my analog circuit class. I basically have to take an analog signal from a sensor convert it to digital with a microprocessor and use a graphical interface on my computer to graph the data while its happening in front of my class

i have half a mind to just build a dyno but i highly doubt i can get that done by the end of the semester and i really doubt i could get my bike and the dino into a class room

Last edited by Michaud85; 11-07-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gear selection sensor
Blind spot / tailgate sensor: your sonar idea but detects objects in your blind spots / 6 o'clock.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Gear selection sensor
Blind spot / tailgate sensor: your sonar idea but detects objects in your blind spots / 6 o'clock.
thats whats up kuroshio! diggin the input. i hadnt even thought of the blind spot sensor and it would be much easier than a bump sensor.

gear selection sensor as in have something that tells me when to change gears, or something that displays what gear im currently in?

Old 11-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Current gear. I think the F3 already has a shift light IIRC. Just most people never see it

Old 11-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sudden decelaration. As in someone hits the brakes in front of you and you get a warning.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 PM

i vote dyno cuz thatd be sick to have available

Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Wireless Tire Pressure sensor ! and app

Old 11-07-2010, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by dhurley1
i vote dyno cuz thatd be sick to have available
dude we could possibly make one over break but we all know how time runs out mad fast. we could easily make one over the summer

Originally Posted by Sprock
Wireless Tire Pressure sensor ! and app
i might be able to do that, and i also was thinking of a tire temperature sensor

Old 11-07-2010, 09:40 PM

So if you can get bumps in the road can you get deer or other animals close to the road?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:47 PM

from all the stories i hear of batteries dying mid ride and leaving people stranded id say a volt/amp sensor would be very marketable