Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need Opinions....Myspace

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Opinions....Myspace

ORIGINAL: slip_

I got both! And I check them pretty often I wont lie lol.
Slip_ and I are buddy on Myspace. Be Jealous! ...lol [8D]

Old 04-08-2008, 02:02 AM

Oh yeah! We are, lol. Along with Jaynd. Still trying to get his group rides together lol.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:44 AM
Banned

I got one just because it's handy to look people up. I never really filled out my own profile, though. Now I keep getting emails saying "so-and-so wants to be your friend" and they're getting annoying. I'll probably close it down soon.

You can live very nicely without one.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always figured my Myspace was just a site you got to post grossly exagerated B/S about your boring daily existance, in the hope that someone will eventually take in interest in your B/S & that you may take an interest in theirs. Always hoping said B/S artist is of the opposite sex, where upon you eventually get persuaded to post pictures of your nasty & divulge secrets that even your Dentist doesn't know about. All the while hoping that said B/S artist of the opposite sex, is as hot as they sound & you start making plans to dump your partner & travel interstate or O/S to met them. Only to be disappointed by the fact that their a) older, b)They aren't really carefree millionaire c) not of the opposite sex, but dress like they are. d) Their ex partner, a homicidal maniac, who knows exactly what you look like cos they were shown your picture prior parole.

You can do all of that down at your local, but at least you get to have a beer & maybe watch something decent on satellite tv.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 AM

Myspace, eh...I use it more for looking up starting rock bands than anything. I have some friends accross the US and it's nice to keep in touch with them.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 AM

I wouldn't say you're missing much, but my wife LOVES it. I got one because she wanted me too. It was kind of fun to customize and make it look how I wanted, so I won't complain about that. I've had a few people I'd practicly forgot about from Highschool hit me up out of no-where. It was nice to start chatting with them again. I think it's time worth spent... even if I only check it once every day-couple of days.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:48 AM

GET FACEBOOK.... its less bothersome.. and people who hate on either suck anyway.. its just a tool to keep in touch with friends from back home..

I say facebook... more for adults/professionals.. less pedofiles.. lol

Old 04-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered Users

i agree with Okie....most myspace pages are seizures waiting to happen....anyone with any taste has to be disgusted by how those pages of the 12yr olds look...drives me nuts...

i got facebook to keep up with a friend who is constantly traveling....slowly, old high school buddies and law school buddies started popping on, then grammar school friends....so it's cool in that regard....but really i just use it as a glorified address book to keep track of people i would have never found initially....my profile is completely private so know one can see it...just for me....lol....

myspace is crappy IMO...facebook...not too bad....

if you want something more career oriented...linkedin is pretty good...just found that one from a consultant at a large accounting firm and it's turned out to be quite the find...

Old 04-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Retired Moderator

The funny thing about it is, I have alot of friends on it, and they are appauled and shocked that I cancelled my account. They seem obsessed by it. Seems a little freaky to me.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM

I have a myspace and I'm 34. Looked up some people I went to school with and keep track of people that I've met over the years. One person I keep in contact with is an ex wife of my best friend. (long story) I also keep in contact with some people from forums that I visit.

I post pictures and a few blogs. One thing I will not do is post pictures of my kids. I say I have kids, but no way I am posting their pics on the internet unless they are password protected for family members.

Quick Reply: Need Opinions....Myspace