Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need honest advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need honest advice

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic
I don't care if you have to walk the neighbors dog or baby sit there kids to raise the cash ...do not hand it over back to the bank ..

May I ask how much you owe on her Tex ? ball park? (you do not have to answer that BTW )
ball park mate...1800. trust me ive tried everything Classic last time i worked 2 fulltime jobs for abit to try to get ahead and the ex wifey spent it on HER bike the first time and the second time on some BS when we split, i was at work so she beat me to the bank

Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: txn_driver

Should i get rid of Matilda?

NO!!

damn fool

Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 AM

LOL way to state your opinion Jules!
and wont be the first time ive been called a fool and prolly wont be the last

Old 10-26-2008, 09:05 AM

if you save up enough..and need to buy food....screw it..fix the bike, eat out of the dumpster..you'll thank me later

Old 10-26-2008, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator
if you save up enough..and need to buy food....screw it..fix the bike, eat out of the dumpster..you'll thank me later
HAHAHAHA truse me thats the plan. Thats one of the reasons im pissed. i have 2 roommates, 1 that owns the house and anotherone that rents like i do.

the owner and the otherone that rents are buddies from wayyy back...i always pay my rent, etc on time. The other roommate owes like 400 dollars and is my other roommate telling him move out or pay??? NOOOOOO but the other day i came home and my roommate was like u got the rent money, i said ill get it to you sunday i dont feel like driving all the way into town. Just another thing that tucks me off amigo.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:47 PM

Geez dude...that stuff is kinda easy....if ya were close I would do it for you. right here in my living room....for free. I know whats its like.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:55 PM

nessecity is the mother of invention...no one ever taught me how to do anything. if I wanted something I had to learn to do it on my own. and I have......like Steve......I lost everything due to being disabled for 2 years from a wreck. IT SUCKS....but you pull your boot straps up...dust yourself off and move forward. if YOU want it..YOU have to make it happen. got a manual????read it..learn to do it yourself..its not hard...and the money you would spend for hourly labor...buy tools..then they are yours FOREVER....buy decent tools..at the very least craftsman.......you will not be sorry. and we are here to help...thats what this forum is for right??? christ thru video and digital cameras....I think anyone could walk you thru anything you need to do..

Old 10-26-2008, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: txn_driver
actually no i dont Havoc. paying the dealer for labor is my only option, i dont have the tools to do the forks and to be honest i dont feel comfortable even attempting to do so. i know without sucks but so does paying a freaking note for 2 years and not being able to ride!
Will
My last attempt to impart a very hard to lean life lesson to you, a nice hard working still young lad ..

This is not bull**** ..it is something usually learn't over many years and usually from having run head long into deep **** !!

Will ...I am not trying to be a pain ...I am just trying to make a very big point about your situation mate...
Now please listen , read it slowly and stop just for a minute thinking of what you recon in your mind you can and cant do ok!!

We all have been where you are and far bloody worse!! ..
If in these situations we (anyone) just stop , sit back and go f^%$ckit ..all impossible, too hard , cant do it ...then mate , I would be living on the bloody streets right now...

I personally went down for $300,000 ...lost fu$^%cking everything ...and I mean my cars house business , everything !!!!!!
I HAD NO!! CASH LEFT AT ALL!!! ..I actually for a few weeks had to beg to the organisations for food vouchers!!! for my familly ... and you recon you are in a bind !! HU !!
You are no where near being a really big bind my friend..

My point mate ...and you fu%$cking well must listen to us oldies where it come to survival ok........
You have little walls around you that we all call problems..

Problems are things that YOU HAVE TO!! find solutions for ...NOT! just sit and give in to them...

You say you can't, or do not feel comfortable going any further on your bike ... well that's the biggest load of bull**** that I have ever heard!!...

I have a 27 year old boy (my oldest) and that is what he comes out with all the friggin time ...yu know why ? because he is weak and I dont mean physically , I mean inside his heart and mind...
He constantly moans and groan about **** , but refuses to make THE HARD decisions to turn his life around...
Anyone can sit and moan.... but it takes people with that little bit of extra strength, that are prepared to make a bigger effort and make the hard choices...to actually do anything about it..

For Instance-
No one is born a mechanic...but we all , if we take our time , focus on one little bit at a time can learn and sort work arounds for all our problems, in this case your bike..

This is not the ravings of a silly old man mate ..it is something that I know from experience and from what I know of Shadow is his experience as well...

We can talk you through each problem and all you MUST do is work with all of us and get past each problem 1 at a time..
I refuse to accept that there is anything stopping us(you) doing this ..except maybee you Wills...

You can yell at me for sounding harsh mate, but I really think it is all do able ...
and do not tell me again you have tried everything ...because you bloody well have not !!!

Lets look at money for 1 second... you say you want or need more ..??
Well ...SOLUTION - got get another job in another area (field) , move if you have too , but just friggin do it!!! ... saying that you cant is not an option ..if you have to move or whatever . ..you have to do it!...
Sitting and repeating " I cant" is not a solution ...

Your bike .. " you aren't comfortable doing it " that is no solution mate.
The solution is YOU have too!! with our help..

If your life depended on doing it YOU WOULD!
everything in life is just a point of veiw.... change YOUR attitude and point of veiw and find all the little solutions and start making some hard decisions mate with some help ..
and if you come straight back to me with ..
(ok , I have made a hard decision , I am selling my bike " )
I will come and bloody get you and shake you till you shut that **** up because selling it is not a solution ..it may be an easy answer ..but its will not solve your problem..

I am going to shut the f&*%uck up now Wills..

Although this topic of getting past problems in life, I could friggin go on about over 45 pages just myself ....a frightening thought hey Wills [:-]

Yer..no spell check nearly no smillies .. anyone picks on me ...friggin look out!!!!!!!!!!

Great Post. Good advice for a young man in trouble. One thing I used to always tell my trainees was, " You have to step outside of your comfort zone to get ahead in life". It is easy to be content with any current situation and live check to check, with minimal room for an unfortunate circumstance.

Quick Reply: Need honest advice