Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need honest advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need honest advice

ORIGINAL: HAVOC
what exactly do you need to replace on it
got all the parts just need to pay labor, and trust me thats the cheapest i can get her fixed for, thats the flat bottom rate from my friends shop (55 an hour) its like 250 or so for him to do the front forks, then 10 minutes to rivet on the chain and torque down all the bolts and whatever long it takes to clean and sync the carbs.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 AM

Is there anyway you would think about trying it yourself? If I had all the parts and couldn't pay for the labor, I would try it myself. There has to be threads on here about how to do it.

Just trying to throw out any suggestion, no matter how dumb it sounds.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:52 AM

not dumb amigo, dont have the tools for the forks, nor to synch the carbies. i dont own a torque wrench so like i said ive done all i can do...now its outta my hands.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:00 AM

I would still advise not to give it back. Keep your head up and keep saving money. Of the guys that posted in your texan thread, see if they can help for cheaper. Just a suggestion.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:03 AM

Texas is a biggggggggggg azzzzzzz state mangs. The closest one thats on regular is 900RR stud and its 2-3 hours from here to beaumont and im not gonna ask the man to give up one of the last riding weekends to help me work on my bike and take up his garage space.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:05 AM

appreciate all the advice guys, im gonna go to bed im buzzing ( too much Rum and bud light)and just need to sleep and chew on what ive said so far and the suggestions that you guys have thrown out there.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

im sure you know someone with a torque wrench, and im sure there is a member on here in your area who has or has access to a carb sync tool . paying a dealer for the labor when you have all the parts yourself is baffling to me. dont give up your bike because you dont have the money to pay someone else to do the work. keep your bike man trust me being without sucks !

Old 10-26-2008, 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

im sure you know someone with a torque wrench, and im sure there is a member on here in your area who has or has access to a carb sync tool . paying a dealer for the labor when you have all the parts yourself is baffling to me. dont give up your bike because you dont have the money to pay someone else to do the work. keep your bike man trust me being without sucks !
actually no i dont Havoc. paying the dealer for labor is my only option, i dont have the tools to do the forks and to be honest i dont feel comfortable even attempting to do so. i know without sucks but so does paying a freaking note for 2 years and not being able to ride!

Will

Quick Reply: Need honest advice