Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need honest advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need honest advice

ok, so i need some advice. Should i get rid of Matilda? i feel all avenues have been exhausted i have saved to get her back on the road and everytime i get the money together something else comes up and i cant do it, this has happened 6 times. I called the loan company and asked them to add whatever it cost at the shop onto the end of the note (never been late on the note) they refuse to do it. I'm tired of paying on something i cant ride. Should i call the loan company and tell them give me the money or come and take her back...in 3 million pieces....

Any and all advice welcome.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Default RE: Need honest advice

I definitely would not suggest letting the bank take it back. Try and see if a local dealer could take it on trade. You will owe more than what it is worth, but if your payment does not increase and you get a newer bike out of it, should be worth it. How much so you owe?

Old 10-26-2008, 02:19 AM

I would fix it first, and then get rid of it or ride it. Don't screw up your credit by letting the bank take the bike.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:20 AM

how much is it going to take to fix her?

Old 10-26-2008, 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Dluv35

I definitely would not suggest letting the bank take it back. Try and see if a local dealer could take it on trade. You will owe more than what it is worth, but if your payment does not increase and you get a newer bike out of it, should be worth it. How much so you owe?
HAHAHA a dealer wouldnt touch it man they would look at it and say 2 dollars. I dont have good enough credit to get a newer bike. i cant even get a 500 dollar loan using my title to my truck as collateral
i owe approx 1800-2k on it i havent looked at the statement in a few months.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:23 AM

fixing it is the whole problem, if i could get her fixed and ride her i wouldnt want to get rid of her. if the bank took it back it couldnt hurt my credit any worse. thats the ****ty part dluv it wouldnt take much at all to fix her. around 400-500...MAYBE 600 but i doubt it.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:26 AM

ORIGINAL: txn_driver

fixing it is the whole problem, if i could get her fixed and ride her i wouldnt want to get rid of her. if the bank took it back it couldnt hurt my credit any worse. thats the ****ty part dluv it wouldnt take much at all to fix her. around 400-500...MAYBE 600 but i doubt it.
Just be patient, you have 4-5 months of nothing but cold to save up some money and fix her.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:27 AM

stick it out, things will turn around. I know you don;t want to hear that or have heard it before, but it will. IF your credit is jacked up and this is a positive point on your credit, keep it up. Stay current on the payments, don't give it back!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

maybe you can get her fixed for cheaper then that. when i had my last 929 i got her built back up forunder 1k and that was a full set of fairings, new fairing stay, new front end, windscreen, exhaust, mirrors.

what exactly do you need to replace on it

Old 10-26-2008, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: hellboytt
Just be patient, you have 4-5 months of nothing but cold to save up some money and fix her.
Im not trying to be an asshat but didnt you read ive already saved up to fix her 6 times and without fail something happens and i have to spend it on something else......now it seems i cant save **** to save my life.

Quick Reply: Need honest advice