Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need help and suggestions on leather jackets...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help and suggestions on leather jackets...

I've got the 7-2 aplinestars jacket. I like, but if I had the money, I'd get the Santa Monica by Dainese. Their jackets are freaking nice, but you pay for them.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: thepeanutincolorado

I love my Joe Rocket Sonic. It has a strips of leather that zip off if you want some air through the mesh underneath. Haven't been down with it yet so I can't say how it will do but it is very sturdy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18885/41001F4106DD49688D47562AA1915515.jpg[/IMG]
I have the same jacket, had it maybe a few months or so, and I'll sell it to ya 200.00 shipped. I like the jacket and all, but I had been looking for a nice leather jacket, and saw this one, they didn't have a large for me to try, but the XL fit OK, so I got it, thinking I would like it, which of course, the fit didn't quite do it for me, just a little loose. I am 6ft 185 lbs, not fat, not skinny, but it fits a little loose, plus I got a pencil neck, so I get an air-gap with the XL, but, to a guy a little more stout, this might fit great. Other than the fit, wich was my fault, no complaints. Well taken care of, worn for about two months or so, never wet.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Hey Shocktroop I've got 17 inch neck, a 48 inch chest and a 35 inch waist packed into a 5 /11 frame . That's one reason I kind of lean towards the Italian gear. It seems to fit the best considering arms and neck are about the same size

Old 09-28-2007, 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

I JUST ordered the red/black version of this jacket

http://newenough.com/protective_appa...le_jacket.html

And these gloves

http://newenough.com/closeouts/glove...le_gloves.html

You need gloves too.

that jackets awsome....I want my wife to buy me the leather vendetta Shift jacket...gloves are a must, never ride without them

Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: oreo

I had the mesh version of bluefox's jacket (not the one in the picture, the one he crashed in) I dont have it anymore because the thing saved my life, didn't rip but the paramedics had to cut it off me instead of taking it off (Ihad 3 broken ribs, and a hole in my chest) if it wasn't for the jacket I would be dead. So Sift products have proced themselves, with me and fox. I think the leather is even stronger so, an even better buy.
True, I don't have this "exact" jacket, but the one that took over mine.

I really wish Shift would make the SR-1 Suits in Red. They make the jackets in red, why not the suits?

Old 09-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Here is AGV Torino Leather Jackets it is very similar to the first jacket I recommended just without the hump for about the same amount money. The big difference is the spinal protector is not CE armor, but lighter foam type. Of course it can be upgraded but you get the most bang for your buck with my first recommendation

[ul][*]Double- and triple-stitched seamed leather jacket made from premium 1.5mm leather[*]The comfortable fit is provided by Schoeller Keprotec stretch panels[*]Shoulder and elbows include removable dual-density protective armor[*]Features a removable washable liner and hook-and-loop wrist closure[*]Nighttime safety is enhanced by reflective AGV Sport badges[*]High-quality YKK steel zippers used throughout[*]Pants can be attached to the independent, full-circumference zipper[/ul]

Old 09-28-2007, 08:08 PM

[/align][/align]I rock this one. Check newenough.com they have pretty good prices on most things.[/align]

P.S. HAVOC/HATEBREED white was my first choice until I thought of scrubbing bug asses off every night![/align][/align]

Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 PM

cant get picture to post...anyway its the yellow merc hero jacket.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:20 PM

I give up[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 09-29-2007, 12:17 AM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

...gloves are a must, never ride without them
+1

Quick Reply: Need help and suggestions on leather jackets...