Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007 | 05:17 PM
Default RE: Need help

Grief is tough, I lost my brother at 21 and it was forever letting go of it. I've been sober for 7 years, and will remain that way for lfe.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Old 09-03-2007 | 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: AudiCBR

it'll take a lot longer then just a few days man...keep ridin or whatever u do alone and you'll make sense of it eventually. if not go talk to someone professional and they'll guide you. sorry for everything man
+1

i was on pills and therapy visits for over a year. couldn't have gotten by without it.

i'm not ashaimed to admit that in front of a bunch of dudes on here either... just giving another option to consider

if that doesn't work, go fire some guns or something lol

Old 09-03-2007 | 11:10 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

Everyone grieves differently, feels differently when a friend or loved one passes away. The advice to talk to someone - a counselor, friend, pastor - someone you can trust to listen and help you through it is good. It takes time, too, different lengths for everyone. As for the anger you feel, it's a normal part of grieving. My aunt was furious with her husband for dying, my mother angry with Dad, I was angry at the cancer that took Dad from me. You have a direct target for your anger, and nobody can blame you for it. But talk it through with someone, don't let it rule you.

This nextcan sound harsh if taken the wrong way, but it isn't meant to be: remember that this, too, will pass away. Someday you will feel peace and be able to remember the good times you and your friends had. Not that sorrow at their absence will disappear, but it will diminish and be something you can live with.

May you find that peace soon.

Old 09-04-2007 | 10:12 AM

man, its never easy, but all i can say is immerse yourself in the things you love and car about......remember to tell your loved ones how much you care, surround yourself with people that love and care about you, being alone gives you too much time to think bad things.....also immerse yourself in your favorite things ie riding, or music or sports or whatever. TIME is the only thing that will heal the pain.

Old 09-04-2007 | 11:20 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss TK. I can't add much to this that has not already been said, but you can rest assured if you need to vent, we are here to listen. Death is not an easy thing to cope with especially if it lies at the hands of someone elses F up. My brother was hit and killed riding his bicycle when he was 10, and although it was an 'accident' of circumstances, it's hard to accept someone took the life of someone so dear to you. Spend time with people, being alone it the enemy, and please, dont ride if you are not in the right mind set. Hang in there.

Old 09-04-2007 | 12:28 PM

Wow, I can't believe that I didn't hear about this locally. Sad to hear about the bad news all together, it may now be an easy way to accept it but I believe that “what goes around comes around.” I’ve never had to cope with what you’re going thru and hope that I never will, but that is how I cope with unfair issues. May your friends RIP.
-NorthernFirepower