Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need advise thinking of murder...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 AM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need advise thinking of murder...

Dummy cameras also work for a cheap fix until you can afford a real system. Sucks you have to deal with the scum bag but I would put acamera facing his property and make it known its there by telling him its there. Hopefully that will slow the traffic that comes for the 10 min fix at his pad thinking there on a recording.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: oreo

thanks man, Ill check if i can contact his PO.

and thanks to everyone for their replies, I'm definiteley not moving, this is MY HOUSE and no one is going to dictate when and how I leave. as soon as I get my next paycheck, I'm getting a couple wifi cameras.

Now if he comes near my wife or daughter all bets are off.
I understand where youre coming from. Just think about this though. You have homeless people sifting through your trash and break ins? You reallywantyour kids growing up like that? Keep in mind that there are very few things that can cause a house to lose its value. When an area has high crime, or turns into a ghetto is one of them, well two.

Also, if that house was left to him, it may be paid for...which means he may never move. Sorry for being so negative, but I just think as if I were in that situation, with my wife and two girls. Does your wife feel safe there without you being home? Security systems, surveilance sytems, guard dogs etc. are good ways to prevent/minimize break ins. Honestly, if you live in a place that you MUST have them, you may want to find a better place to live.

So now what? You waste time trying to get his guy caught up in what could be nothing? So what happens if you do all that and law enforcement finds nothing? Youre still left with the same problem.

Lastly, you say If he comes near your wife or daughter all bets off huh? 1) If thats something that even crosses your mind, you need to go. 2) Then what? You kill him, go to jail, andleave your wife to make ends meet without you. Kids grow up fatherless. Im not saying anything to make you mad or anything bro. I really value family, and the quality of life they live. Of course its only my opinion, and I respect any decision you choose to make.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:45 AM
RCR

Funny how everyone that posts "just move" thinks its that easy. The housing market is **** now and selling is not an option. But to walk away is the problem with us. why can't oreo work to make his nieghborhood better instead of leaving it behind to go to hell. He bought a house made an investment in his future for him and his familyand some dickwad moves in after him and he should leave. I don't think so.

The bums are there cause we don't care enough about our own people and we turn our backs on them. Im sure if it was me I would confront the guy and say what I felt. I did that at my parents house they had some guys move in across the street and they always sat out front and watched everyone coming. Every time I would go and visit they would stare me down until I went inside. My parents felt uncomfortable leaving their own house. I had enough of it so I walked outside and got the stare down agian and said **** it, walked over to them and asked them whats up with them always sitting out front looking like there stalking everyone. It got pretty heated and chests were pumped at first and then one of the guys cooled down andexplained they didn't realize they were doing that or gave the impression of that. They actually turned out to be good guys and just didn't know anyone in the nieghborhood. not all situations work out as well butcomunication is the only way to truely know whats going on.

If this guy is a piece of **** well thats what he is and there is no changing that but you can still keep you eye on him and make it just as miserable for him until it works out in your favor (video).

Old 10-27-2008, 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Funny how everyone that posts "just move" thinks its that easy. The housing market is **** now and selling is not an option. But to walk away is the problem with us. why can't oreo work to make his nieghborhood better instead of leaving it behind to go to hell. He bought a house made an investment in his future for him and his familyand some dickwad moves in after him and he should leave. I don't think so.

The bums are there cause we don't care enough about our own people and we turn our backs on them. Im sure if it was me I would confront the guy and say what I felt. I did that at my parents house they had some guys move in across the street and they always sat out front and watched everyone coming. Every time I would go and visit they would stare me down until I went inside. My parents felt uncomfortable leaving their own house. I had enough of it so I walked outside and got the stare down agian and said **** it, walked over to them and asked them whats up with them always sitting out front looking like there stalking everyone. It got pretty heated and chests were pumped at first and then one of the guys cooled down andexplained they didn't realize they were doing that or gave the impression of that. They actually turned out to be good guys and just didn't know anyone in the nieghborhood. not all situations work out as well butcomunication is the only way to truely know whats going on.

If this guy is a piece of **** well thats what he is and there is no changing that but you can still keep you eye on him and make it just as miserable for him until it works out in your favor (video).
Ok, fine. RCR, you make some good points. Youre right that he made an investment and all that. However, is it his responsibility to keep his family in the safest environment as possible, before saving the community. The housing market is a little off right now, but it is a buyers market, not a sellers market. Meaning houses are priced a little lower. He may lose a few dollars, or only break even. I am also a homeowner, father, and husband. I just put my family first. I love my house. It was my first, but I treat it as what it is, an investment. The second its not a moneymaker any longer, it has to go. I wont bring this up anymore, as it seems I am the only one thinking this way. Maybe because money may be an issue to some of you, and I dont go through those struggles. I am not rich byany means,I just live comfortably. That may be why I see this situation in a different light. I have tennants in my home right now, but when it was empty, and I had to make that $1100 mortgage paymentit was still all good.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Dluv35

Edit: maybe survelance cameras?
For a situation such as this, MULTIPLE surveilence cameras are your friend. if you can get them hidden cleverly enough, and catch the perpetrator in the act, you can contact police after the fact and have evidence to support this. hell if the guy next door is doing it, and is using like fake fingerprints or some such thing, you could wrap his happy little freedom up in a box and send it to him in jail.

Alternately, a GOOD security system, in conjunction with a German Shepard, or Doberman is an excellent security system. Trained properly, the Shepard and Dobies will do what is necessary to defend your home and family, while serving as inexpensive and very reliable security systems. if you could get one to dial 911 when someone is attempting to break in and steal stuff, you'd be set.

Moving, as has been said, wont solve the problem. Its better to work toward a proper solution that leads to an improvement of your neighborhood.

Have you consulted neighbors and seen if they've had stuff taken lately as well? My way of thinking is, if you have the community on your side, you can work together to force the quality of life there to become better. maybe make friends with some of the people on your local police force and get them to perhaps conduct regular patrols during the later hours.

I wouldnt be surprised if perhaps the neighbor isnt the one actually doing the theiving, but might be aiding someone who IS by informing them when you're out, or asleep. and with the homeless and as you call them *strange* people constantly around, I would not be shocked by this.

Do what you gotta do, I can promise you, if I had kids or a wife, the first person to come after them, would ALSO be the last, and probably not be found.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I havent read through everything here but think about this ..I know people can and will wind you up and push you to extremes at times but ...do you really want to be responsible for ending someones life?? ...do you really want to carry that the rest of your days?? ..low life or not, think about it ..murder?? ..unless of course its self defence and not "claimed" self defence ...will your children know daddy killed someone ..if its *that* bad ...if the neighbourhood is *that* dodgy and it does sound like it is ..then move ..I know others ay why should you but sometimes you cant win in these situations ..sometimes you have to do the intelligent thing and regardless of short term cost your family is first and its safety ..I would move ..sorry but I would

Good luck with all these ..please try and stay calm ...

Jules

Old 10-27-2008, 03:48 AM

you have neighbors.......i am sure they are also aware of this dirtball...organize. make his life hell...don'tlet him do it to you.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:09 AM

Lots of advice to sift through.

My take on it is this. I would love to kick the **** out of someone like the person your describing, Make thier life miserable. But, my personal bigger concern is concequences from doing just that. My family means more to me than anything. I would do, or give up anything for thier safety. If I messed with this ********, I would be worried about what he would do next. Him, knowing he cant kick your ***, would try to hurt you in other ways... such as your family, thats what ****** like this do.

I know moving probably isnt an option, but if it is, then move. Your family means more than dealing with this guy. Plus, as stated by someone else, do you really want your kids growing up in that area? The area sounds far too depressed and scumbags are abound.

The other thing to consider. there is the possiblility with the area you live in, this guy is telling you the truth about invaders. The best thing I can think of has already been said. Get some video cameras. I would hide them so the guy doesnt know you have them at first. try to catch what is really going on. If you let him know they are their, you may never catch the real culprit of the problems. It really could be random people. Its a long shot and quite a coincidence, but ya never know.

Dont get a guard dog. Thats the last thing you want with children around.

I guess the bottom line, I really dont have any good ideas for you. Its a ****ty situation for sure and I feel for you. I hope Im never in that situation. But I live in Northern michigan where most people still leave their cars unlocked with the keys in the ignition.

Quick Reply: Need advise thinking of murder...