Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My wife is 7 1/2 months pregnant and wants to ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wife is 7 1/2 months pregnant and wants to ride

Hey all! My wife is pregnant and it's our first!
She's 7 1/2 months pregnant and is dying to go for a little ride just around the block.
I've been told that pregnant woman should not ride, but was wondering what are the general thoughts around it.

Thanks!

Old 09-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: My wife is 7 1/2 months pregnant and wants to ride

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! That being said, let me reiterate NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I think it is one thing to take the risk of getting on a bike. We do that each time we ride, and are at the mercy of many others, regardless of how safe we are. It is another thing to put a passenger on the back, and the risk that they take, but to have your pregnant wife on the back? Just imageine how you both would feel if, God forbid, some idiot "didn't see you" or there is a slick patch on the road. Through no fault of your own, you could have a lifetime of regrets when the easy solution was to avoid all together in the first place. If she chooses to get on the back AFTER the baby (like, in a few short months), that is plausible. By the way, I've read a statistic where a majority of the accidents we get into are within a few miles of home. Food for thought! Please consider it very seriously!

Old 09-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

hmmm interesting ... id say it would be putting 3 things you love @ risk (your wife, your baby, and your bike) i would try and talk her out of it just incase the oh **** effect happens and something goes wrong (god forbiding) ... but if she is as stubbron as my fiance then you will have a hard time keeping her off the bike .. good luck and CONGRATULATIONS !

Old 09-19-2006, 05:46 PM

Not saying it is/was smart. But, my wife rode with me during her pregnancy. I think she wanted to feel a little normal, knowing that once the baby came, the riding will stop unless we got a sitter. I would use common sense in my riding (even in a car!) and go. If we all lived by "what if's" we would die on our front porch in rocking chairs. JMHO

Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 PM

I would say no but look at the upside of the ride: You might turn your kid into a sport bike prodigy.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:03 PM

It's entirely up to you. Many would say yes, most would say no. God Forbid if something was to happen, then I believe the person that caused the offense would be charged with 3 counts instead of 2, whatever the charge may be. Still there is no replacement for Life, and the Love we all sacrifice each time we ride.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmmmm, suppose it depends on how big she is and if she has retained her balance. Occasionally a late term prego will lose enough sense of balance that I'd be very wary of putting her on a bike. Other women go the whole time and are pretty much normal.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:13 PM

First off, Congrats Daddy! Secondly, IMHO, a woman who is that far along in her pregnancy should not be riding a motorcycle. It is called an accident because you cannot predict when it will happen. By the way, it might be a good time to look at life insurance. Every time you are on a bike you are taking a huge risk, that is part of what makes it so fun!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 PM

Dude just don’t do it... honestly is it worth what "could" happen? A few seconds of enjoyment for her...or a lifetime of regret and what if's???? Like they said up there...just wait until after the baby is born then go ride to your hearts content... but don’t endanger the kid's life just to spin around the block...ya know?

Old 09-19-2006, 06:48 PM
oNi

[sm=badidea.gif]

Quick Reply: My wife is 7 1/2 months pregnant and wants to ride