Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

my video on youtube...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my video on youtube...

I couldn't finish watching the whole video, the UM part got to me.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:47 PM

Yeah, well we dideach partin one take. I just needed it to be effective. I didn't care what I looked like when whe shot it, but the first time I watched it, I thought I made myself look retarded. Oh well. Hopefully people buy my parts, and look past the stammering dip**** in front of the camera.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:06 PM

Haha. I just listened to it again to count the ah's. Looks like 57 is the magic number! I hate it when people do that!

Old 09-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Um... the ahh... pauses kind of mmm... got to me, but it looks sincere, you just look like a normal guy who is a little uncomfortable in front of a camera.

whoever took the shots of the bike did a good job though, you can see evrything clearly, and there is not much camera shake.

The only thing was the demo ride... shoulda worn at least a helmet for that one.

If you're looking to piecemeal it, Ebay is your friend. It could also make an awesome streetfighter though. (Although you can get more $$$$$ out of it by parting it out)

Old 09-27-2007, 03:27 PM

From just the video yea definately a douche... Your head's so important man, you should put a lid on even if your just moving it a few feet...

The video serves its purpose though, just not gracefully. Good luck with parting it out.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:35 PM

I thought about the gear for a while. Definitely thought I would look stupid in full gear, and since I was just going up and down the street, I was willing to take my chances tohave more seamless transitions on and off the bike. I would say the same thing as you if I saw a guy riding a bike in a video without a helmet. Your right. I felt uncomfortable as hell with out my gear. I always wear it, even when taking a quick run up the street. But like I said, It was just for the purposes of the video. Could have been an interestingone if I would've wrecked, though, lol.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Retired Moderator

It reminded me of that video of the virgin talking about making love...!

Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: madgreek

Haha. I just listened to it again to count the ah's. Looks like 57 is the magic number! I hate it when people do that!
Well, I must admit, I figure a white collar worker like you would have absolutely no problem performing in front of a camera. And I didn't realize ah's were such a damn descriptive term LOL but on a serious note. I think you done a good job of getting your point across and describing your product. You should have seen me the first time I had a group of young Marines looking at me with that dumb puzzled look on their face waiting for me to tell them something intelligent and thought-provoking. It just takes time and as your confidence level rises. You will find yourself at no loss of words and no ah's anywhere in your statement. H@LL ask Raven if he ever found me at a loss for words LOL

Old 09-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Uh... disfluencies are... uh... fun.... I just learned about them last semester. It really takes a lot of concentration to not use them.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are quite a few in there but even with experience, unless you've rehearsed the speech or have a teleprompter or script, 'ah's' are unavoidable when you're doing it off the cuff cuz it's a pause mechanism allowing you to think of what to say next ... unless you're a 'cunning-linguist' like Bill Clinton. even with unscripted speeches though, you can cut down on them quite a bit if you're conscious of it ...

Quick Reply: my video on youtube...