Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

my two cents

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my two cents

i just wanted to say that, i was pretty pumped when i found this site but now that i realize how these people act, like bashing other ideas that they havnt thought of themself , i have realized that this is the most unfriendly forum i have ever been involved in, and i think that is rediculous, since everyone should be able to be a part of a forum especially since all they try to do is give thier two cents on how stuff could be done to thier bikes, well, there is my two cents and maybe you guys would consider this when you judge other people that would like to share thier ideas!!!!!!!! wade guza!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Default RE: my two cents

Take it easy, don`t take everything so personal. If you have the right to post up whatever (and you do) then i have the right to give my opinion on it.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Retired Administrator

Come on w_guza, that's not a fair analysis of this forum. Check your pride and look over the forum more. I've been around a lot of forums and this forum is the least bashing of all. Don't take it personal that others here do not understand your exhaust mod. You invited something or a method that works for you. You have to respect the opinions that others have on that and your idea is far from the norm so expect a little feedback on it. If someone gives you a hard time about it, make a joke out of it and prove them wrong. Just don’t resort to name calling and childish actions that will be deleted by moderators.

Post what you like and if you believe what you posted, stand behind it. Post in that thread once a month letting us know how the paint is working out. I'm curious to know what happens as it heats up and cools down often.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you think anybody on here "bashed" you then buddy you're skin is too thin for an internet board. Go to LA Busas and post your idea there. You have no idea of what bashing is until you've been on that site.

My advice for you is to take a chill pill. Honestly it really doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. If your idea is working for you then you did the right thing for posting it. If peeps here get out of hand with their comments I'm not at all shy about deleting stuff and issuing warnings. And neither are the other moderators on this board.

So settle down and use this forum to find new ideas, share your own ideas and basically waste time looking at off the wall crap that Don finds on the internet. You'll find that almost everybody here is good people. In the end it's your bike -- why get your drawers in a knot worrying about what 7 or 8 peeps outta over 3000 think?

And that's my 2 cents

Old 02-16-2006, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: w_guza

pour paint in the exhuast , make sure its extremely high temp paint, do not listen to the other people, cuz for some reason they all ate paint chips when they were little. everybody contradicts everybody on this site and its just stupid. if you want directions on how to do this safely ask me for the directions, wguza03@hotmail.com!!!
Are you on crack ? no realy , are you on crack ?
Do you actually own a bike or is this a vision you had in a dream.
Do the world and yourself a favor , dont give anyone your advice on how to mod a bike .
If you think this is ruff , post that crap at http://www.1000rr.net/vb/ and see how long you last.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:26 AM

thats exactly what i'm talkin about like ODEN's comment. go ahead and give your opinion about the idea but don't do it til you know how this was done. it's not like a grabbed a gallon of paint and just poured it down my exhaust. i took the steps nesissary not to wreck anything. and beleive me, tearing the pipe apart and cutting all the packing out is way worse than what i did. so like i said, anyone can give their opinion on my idea but just don't do it til you know the FULL details of it. no body as asked how exactly it was done so i haven't posted on it.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Retired Admin

I guess I missed this post? But I get the picture from what is being said here. I have no idea what your idea was but to honestly say people here are bashing and belittling people is crazy!! I have met more cool people and look forward to getting a chance to ride with as many as possible. Sometimes things are a good idea sometimes they are not. Hell I took heat for my rainbow logo everyone said I must be gay....but I know the truth, LOL and know some girls that could back me up on that....but if I took offense to it then I would have problems myself. Even now I am sure you could shrug it off and in a few days no one will even remember this. Buck up sally, they typically sell ***** in pairs, I can get you some directions to the nearest shop if your interested? [8D]

Old 02-16-2006, 11:34 AM

Ok so how do you pour paint in the pipe without damaging anything?

Honestly, do so seems crazy but if it worked for you, please share. Then maybe we can understand what you mean.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:12 PM

This board has been nothing but friendly and very understanding aspecially to me begin a soon to be new rider. I had a lot questions to ask and not once had anyone ever made a remake like "wtf thats such a gay n00b question". I've been on plenty of forums for all types of diffrent things and flame wars were a constant thing. I think since I've been here I've seen 3 flame wars and that would be including this rant. You have 16 posts you haven't even given us a decent chance here before you start accusing everyone of begin ******.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Retired Administrator

So... Musichyp, you have been with a woman. That makes you bi... not gay. Big difference. Just keep making your rainbows... we still love you. Just don't try and hug us or anything.

Ok... my joke is over. I missed the part where anyone said "you" were gay.... we all said the "rainbow" logo was gay.

Quick Reply: my two cents