Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My truck...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My truck...

Anyone have a car, truck, bike that you feel like it just never ends with it? When i got it i had to replace the computer, soon after the brakes, after that the A/C wasnt working, replaced 2 flats. Then for the past year or so i have been having problems where it would sputter and feel like its out of gas then catch at drive fine, also squeaky belts and an on and off problem of it not starting dispite a new battery and alternator. So last week my mechanic finally figured out the problem (O2 sensors and burnt plugs) replaced all that, tightened the belts, and found/fixed a drain in the electrical system. Many dollars later i had a truck that finally was reliable and I could depend on to start and run. I got the car back on monday have been driving it since, today i go out to my car to drive it and what do i find..... a FLAT TIRE.

A little back story, my truck (1998 jeep cherokee sport) had belonged to this old lady that died and we bought it off her grandkids for pretty cheap. I really think that this truck is cursed for some reason because it nevvvvver ends...

Just wanted to see if anyone feels my pain, and if they dont then it was just a rant.
[sm=rant.gif]

Old 11-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Default RE: My truck...

yup any and every vehicle i have owned...i have had problems with, new ones get hit by ******** and used ones just break and die

Old 11-09-2008, 10:44 PM

Well thats you problem. You bought a Jeep. I know I know... its a jeep thing, I wouldnt understand. hehe

Every car/truck is going to have some sort of issue in its life. Mechanical parts don't last forever eh?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 PM

Once you start replacing one thing everything else starts going.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I dont seem to have these problems, so im just going to quietly duck away.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:49 PM

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

Well thats you problem. You bought a Jeep. I know I know... its a jeep thing, I wouldnt understand. hehe

Every car/truck is going to have some sort of issue in its life. Mechanical parts don't last forever eh?
haha dont worry about offending me, i got it because it was the right price at the right time.... and i understand that **** goes wrong with a car that s 10 going on 11 years old, but its just the fact that i finally resolved something thats been going on for a year and now a flat tire, just frustrating.

I also cant complain thatt much because dispite any car issues my bikes have ALWAYS been there for me (knock on f-ing wood lol)

Old 11-09-2008, 10:50 PM

If I remember correctly TK ur a mechanic. I envy you. I can turn a wrench... but im more of a *parts changer* rather then a *tech* Just keep changing **** til it runs right. lol

Old 11-09-2008, 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ynks4evr

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

haha dont worry about offending me, i got it because it was the right price at the right time.... and i understand that **** goes wrong with a car that s 10 going on 11 years old, but its just the fact that i finally resolved something thats been going on for a year and now a flat tire, just frustrating.

I also cant complain thatt much because dispite any car issues my bikes have ALWAYS been there for me (knock on f-ing wood lol)
Yea.. Some days are better then others... today must of not been your better day huh? hehe. Cars are sometimes more of a pain in the *** then they are worth.

But then again I go crazy with no car/bike. I hate depending on someone else to get me around.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yes i am, and yea that dont normally work too well. Let me tell you all a secret, its called routine maintanance. Fluid exchanges, etc. My last truck 95 dodge ram 4x4, bought it nearly new in 96, ran it to 390k miles, original motor and trans, and still sold it for $4000 with those miles.

Quick Reply: My truck...