Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

And my season begins!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And my season begins!

So I gave my bike a check up, started her up and took her out for the first time this season! I ran up to the fuel station to throw some air in the tires (front was way low). There was a guy there about to put air in his car tire when I pulled up. He asked if I was getting air too and I said yep. He says, "Its your lucky day." So I pull out my psi gauge and told him if he needs to use it he can. So I hand it to him and he lets me fill up my tires while he is checking his pressure. We both say thanks to each other and he says, "Ride safe. I hope people see ya out there." I kind of laughed and said they never do. (I cant believe its 75 cents for air!) So i hit the road and what a great time I had! Oh how I missed riding her over the winter! Then I got a great laugh!On my way home these three kids ina car next to me where checking out my bike. Well as they get into the right turn lane the kid in the back puts up a piece of paper thats says, GET A REAL BIKE. I looked at them, laughed, shook my head and took off. I know they were talking about theSquid Master5000. Everybody and there mom knows about the GSX-R. And Ive got kids who probably dont even ride telling ME to get a real bike!Sheesssh!Sorry for the boring post. I just wanted to tell you guys how great ofa time I had on my first ride of the season.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: And my season begins!

glad you had fun on her and got back in one piece. a safe ride is a good ride .

oh yeah, and get a real bike

Old 03-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome.... glad you were able to get out and ride! We're probably gonna be seeing alot of these threads in the next month or two, lol

Take it easy and get back in the swing of things... ride safe!!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Take it easy and get back in the swing of things... ride safe!!
Thats one of the best parts. It felt like I haven't missed a day on her. But I still took it easy.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 PM

[quote]Everybody and there mom knows about the GSX-R. And Ive got kids who probably dont even ride telling ME to get a real bike! Sheesssh! Sorry for the boring post. I just wanted to tell you guys how great of a time I had on my first ride of the season.
/quote]

i just had that happen to me as well, i am not the best rider out there, 10 years exp is not enough, but what igotfo a bike is great 95 cbr 600. the kids on the gsxr's are retards

Old 03-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Grats on gettin to ride, think i'm still a few weeks away according to the weather man

Old 03-09-2008, 08:36 PM

yah prob meant a harley...

Old 03-09-2008, 08:39 PM

I've been riding my bike all year... except for this week. Just got 20.4 inches of snow up here in columbus ohio

I can feel spring getting closer though!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:46 PM

Thumbs up to the first ride of spring....did the same thing a few days ago...and GOD as my witness it was better than sex !!![sm=happybounce.gif]

Name:  Picture182.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  151.5 KB

Old 03-09-2008, 09:54 PM

I've been up just about one day each month of this winter. Each time I'm up feels great so I totally understand. I'm planning on actually taking the bike to class in the morning tomorrow for the first time in two months. Should be able to ride tues and wed too.

Quick Reply: And my season begins!