Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My New Years Resolution

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Years Resolution

Since it is the first of the year, and everyone is gearing up for the supposed "New Years Resolutions" I think I have a way to help 63% of the population. Most Americans today will wake up with a plan to lose weight, be it going to the gym, eating healthier, or some other form of exercise. We can help these people today! How you ask? Its simple, we ban fat people from resteraunts and add a tax to those already overweight.

Look at it this way, the government has supported and passed bills that make smoking illegal because it is detrimental to the health of people correct? Yes second hand smoke is a nuicance as well, but the majority of the ban was placed in effect to get people to quit smoking, as well as adding a two dollar tax to packs of cigarettes. Did it have the desired effects? According to all research, it sure did. Now we have hundreds of millions of extra dollars in revenue for anti-smoking campaigns andchildren are not becoming addicted at the age of 14. Win-win situation is it not?

So how would this obesity ban work? Quite simple, iftheyare obesethey would simply not allowed to enter fast food resteraunts where they will indulge in their demise. Ridiculous you say? Quite to the contrary, it would be quite simple. We all know whatfat people look like, its not like they are hard to spot. You could even create basic guidelines such as for men, if you are wear pants where your waist exceeds the length of your jeans, 36/32 for example you are not allowed to enter. For women it would be just as simple, if they wear over a size 7 or so, same deal. I also support an effort that spandex for women, is a privlege not a right (say size 6 and below). I have a sneaking feeling that this will greatly reduce America's total weight in a matter of weeks.

What about the grocery store you say? This is where the tax comes in, for all people that are obese, there would be a simple step-tax involved in food purchases. Say they go in and buy $20 worth of food, a $2 tax would be added, $40 total purchases, a $5 tax would be added. All this additional tax money would be invested in discounted gym memberships, anti-obesity campaigns, and other such programs.

And for all you nay-sayers that proclaim that weight is a heriditary thing... you are full of S.H.I.T. Anyone can lose weight, its a matter of will-power and a few correct decisions. Its not ordering a big-mac, large fries, and a diet coke. Its not going to mcd's at all, but instead going home and having a salad or something else light yet filling. People can still eat steaks, but instead of ordering the 42oz porterhouse andtwo sides of mashed potatoes, try the 10oz ribeye instead of gorging yourself. Look at me, I eat what I want, when I want, I just learn to take smaller portions. I can still wear 34/34 jeans, the same I wore in high school. Yes I spent three years in the military, and yes I am a somewhat active person, but no different than any other red-blooded american.

So help me, and help america, lets ban fat people.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Default RE: My New Years Resolution

If they don't get their fix at a fast food restaurant they'll simply take it to a local grocery store and indulge at home. It would solve nothing and you can bet all the fast food chains would pour millions into keeping this rather silly idea out. You're cutting out their best customers and they would not take it lying down. Good try though. Think up something with 'free gym membership' in it and I'd be on board.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:39 AM

WOW! this post is funny and messed up at the same time, but I have agree on the fact that everyone can loose some weight. Not every one can be super skinny or wants to be, but everyone can help themselves. When I was 17 I was heavy 210 and I'm 5'8" Now I'm about 155-160 and toned upand have stayed this weight for about the last 5 years or so due to not eating everything in sight and working out every day at least once a day sometime more. I still eat alot of whatI want, but limit how muchI eat and try not to snack alot.

Your idea would never work, becasue most would say it's wrong to single out overwight people like them even if it's for there own good.

I smoke and I don't agree with the smokeing ban here is Ohio, but I just work with it and get along. The same would go for someone that wants to eat alot. They would just have a smaller person go get there food for them or just bitch and pay the extra tax.

Over all you can help someone that does not want to be helped.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:35 AM

i wear a 36 34, does this mean i cant eat the crap thats polluting this world? Fast Food Nation by eric schlosser is a good book about the industry. i suggest you read it if your a fan of the golden arches. it doesnt matter what size pants you wear, you shouldnt eat that sh*t any way.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Retired Moderator

Outlawing burgers and fries to fat people? You should consider a ban on fast food altogether. It's not good for anyone. As far as making fat people feel bad, and humiliating them...maybe they could be stored in internment camps, and you can be the king of the fat camps. Come up with a daily motivational speech for the loud speaker. Something like, "Hey fatsos...I'm going to eat your children if you don't lose weight." That would be cool. Who else could we detain? This could be fun. How about people who have a cleft chin, or one leg shorter than the other, or people with bad teeth. I hate those f_ckers!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Outlawing burgers and fries to fat people? You should consider a ban on fast food altogether. It's not good for anyone. As far as making fat people feel bad, and humiliating them...maybe they could be stored in internment camps, and you can be the king of the fat camps. Come up with a daily motivational speech for the loud speaker. Something like, "Hey fatsos...I'm going to eat your children if you don't lose weight." That would be cool. Who else could we detain? This could be fun. How about people who have a cleft chin, or one leg shorter than the other, or people with bad teeth. I hate those f_ckers!
LOL! Lets put GIXXER riders in there too! Let just put everyone in a camp that don't look like a super model.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:05 PM

Obesity is not hereditary. It is overeating. Simply put: If you take in more calories than you burn, you gain weight. If you take in less calories than you burn you lose weight.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

LOL! Lets put GIXXER rides in there too! Let just put everyone in a camp that don't look like a super model.
Hey I would consider that too....

Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 PM

And I disagree with a tax or ban on food. If someone wants to be a fat ***, let them. I think we should just take away their driver's liscence becuase they are usually too fat to be useful. I swear I saw a fat *** trying to turn a steering wheel that lied against their stomach.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:04 PM

There was a show on TLC lats night named " I eat 33,000 clories a day" That was one big dude and that's the reason he's so big.

Like I said before-not everyone can get super small, but every one can loose some weight. I find it funny when you see really heavy people eating very little,but they never seem to losse any weight. You know at home they have to be craming it in. Like was said if you take in less then you burn then you will loose so they have to be eating alot to maintane that weight.

In the end it's there choice to be the size they are, but I just don't want to hear how unhappy they are. I love to eat more then anyone and can really put it way, but I limit myself and work my *** off so I'm not fat.

I'm going to be 30 in a month and a half and I am finding the older I get the harder I have to work to keep the pounds off.

Quick Reply: My New Years Resolution