Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My new toy... superbike (pocket bike)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new toy... superbike (pocket bike)

what is that big-*** lever on the side for?kick-starting??
dude,to be totally honest i have never thought about
a"pocket bike"-110cc's???? 4 cycle-i guess "pocket bikes"
are getting upgraded and modified as well!!!-
hummmmmm-i have a 125cc 2 cycle rotax(6 spd gearbox)
rotory valve engine sitting in my garage-hummmmmm!!!!

anyway have fun!!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Retired Administrator

It's a 4 speed... I think. I never asked the guy and I've read different specs on the bike that says 300 and some say 350 lbs weight limit... 4 speed then some say 5 speed. It's in my brother’s garage right now and I really haven't had a chance to check it out much. When I test rode it, I never made it out of 3rd.

Yes, it's electric start and kick start. I should have a chance to play with it this week end.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:06 AM

cool toy Don! my friends & i have tossed around the idea of pickin' up a couple of those so we can race each other... lol.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Retired Administrator

Here's a link to the one I got.

My luck is holding out on this one. The left side that was replaced was the wrong side. I never looked at it until today and noticed that the new piece looked just like the one still on the bike. So I ordered a new left side for $40 shipped and $50 for the Telefonica decal kit from alloutgraphics. I'm trying to contact a buddy of mine that paints for a living. I may be able to score the blue paint cause it's common, but I'll most likely have to buy the green on the bottom.

I'm already thinking about how I can bend some tubing to make a rear stand for it.

Give me a couple of weeks and I might have it ready for pictures. Now I have to wait on the parts I ordered, then prep it all for paint.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:01 AM
Retired Administrator

Decal kit on order, paint is in hand and ready to start. Now I'm at the mercy of the UPS brown god trucks....

Old 11-02-2006, 02:57 AM

This is my kinda project. I can't wait to see it done. I hope you are taking pictures of the process.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:21 AM

We had a party at a friends house and we were all drinking and riding his neighbors pocket rocket around the block. Someone called the cops and they came at like midnight or so and if they gave him a BA test he would have gotten fired from being an EMT. When the cops came his mom, who was wasted, came over by the cop down the road where they pulled him over and started yelling at the cop for harassing us. He was like MOM STFU cuz he didn't need to get fired. Just my funny short version story about those things.

Mike

Old 11-02-2006, 05:14 AM

there no good when your drunk. i had the great idea of riding one half shot in the *** and in doing so managed to dump it cause the dang handlebars were loose. i had no skin left on the outside of my right leg for the next couple weeks. good luck with it though they are fun.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Retired Administrator

I'll do pics when I start the work. I never have a camera around me when I'm near the damn thing. But, I haven't started anything yet. The plastic is already off the bike, but the pics I've posted are stock photos and it looks the same.

For now.... I wait.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:27 PM

Instead of bending tubing to make a stand you should just put a drag bar like on stunt bikes on the back the rear fairing, so you can just stand it up when not using it. How fast does it go btw?

Quick Reply: My new toy... superbike (pocket bike)