Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My new toy... superbike (pocket bike)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new toy... superbike (pocket bike)

Well, from what I have read, pocket bikes are 50cc size and they call the 110cc superbikes. Anyways... I got one tonight. I did some trading around so I didn't pay a dime for it.

110cc, 300lbs weight limit, 4 stroke, electric and kick start, all lights that a street bike has... I mean it's just a mini version of a sport bike. The guy I got it off of was trying to start selling them but decided it was too much work for not enough profit. He picked up two of them, with other things to test thing out but both of them fell on the trailer. The blue one he had actually fell off the trailer and took a lot of damage. The red one I got just cracked the plastic on the left side. He called and bitched at the supplier about the shipping and they gave him a hard time... took him for ever to get replacement plastic and they sent him the wrong color.

I don't have any real pics yet cause I didn't have my camera with me and it's late, but I'll put some up later. I don't care about the plastic not matching cause I want to paint it anyways. I'm thinking blue and green the finish it off with the Honda Telefonica theme? What do you guys think?

All plastic is off so all of the front lights are off, but I still took it around a couple of city blocks tonight for a test ride. With a small flash light in my mouth for a head light... the thing will surprise you. Not even trying, the front picks up a little with me on it, and I'm not a small guy.

Here's pic that looks like what I have, just different colors. Any opinions on the paint? For now, I'm thinking Telefonica.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My new toy... superbike (pocket bike)

Here's a paint job suggestion. ('94 VFR 400) Too bad the pocket bike doesn't have a single swing-arm. lol...

Old 10-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Retired Administrator

It looks more like a gixxer with the single head light...

Why the 94 VFR?

Old 10-30-2006, 12:34 AM

those bikes are fun as hell but good luck gettin parts to fix it when it breaks down (like tires tubes spoark plugs brakes etc) the cycle store i work at has about ten guys a day come in with those bikes saying that they need all the above listed items and they get pissed off when we tell them that we dont work on the or have parts for them. oh well lol

Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Retired Administrator

I already assumed I'd be ordering any needed parts. Hell, I can't remember the last time I bought something for my 600RR in a local shop.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: doncollins

It looks more like a gixxer with the single head light...

Why the 94 VFR?

Oh, lol... It does look like a suzuki.

I kinda like those old VFRs, but never mind my suggestion on the paint job, didn't relize it was a single headlight bike... go with maybe a mini-'Busa theme. Get the letter on the side and all, get black 1 piece leathers, then go around like "Ghost Rider" and taunt the local authorities. [sm=goodidea.gif] You'll be a legend!

Old 10-30-2006, 02:24 AM

Yeah man, do it up all black and put "666 Ghost Edition" on the side. Just stay off the highway though lol

Old 10-30-2006, 02:49 AM
VP

I'd love the telefonica scheme. To be honest I'm thinking about getting an 02 Gixxer (the only year they made the telefonica) ... do that or try repsol... either one would be hilarious

Old 10-30-2006, 01:15 PM

Even though it has the gixxer headlight, I would go for the mini-Repsol. That would be so cool!

Old 10-30-2006, 01:43 PM

So its an auto or a stick?

Quick Reply: My new toy... superbike (pocket bike)