Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My new job

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new job

After years of trying, I finally have been hired. Monday morning I was sworn in as one of the newest police officers of my home town. Im so excited. The acadeny starts January 16, and until then we are working in the station. I know some of you hate cops but o well. This is what I wanted all my life.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned
Default RE: My new job

Congrats man, I remember how happy I was when I got into the academy here.

It's a good career, a bit of advice;

You either love it, or you don't. Once it becomes a 9-5 job for you - get out. It's much too sensitive of a position for someone who's just trying to make a paycheck.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:40 PM

congrats on the gettin a job part...to bad its just from the enemy lol.

just remember to let us bikers go

Old 12-20-2006, 06:48 PM

congrats man! and +1111111111111 on dizzie

Old 12-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations, If your working in a job that you want to do, then your a lucky SOB.
I'm at the other end of the slide, I retired 8 years ago (turn 55 in a week). I worked for 18 years with same government organisation, with the last 10 are real pain in the bum. But was locked in by the usual, morgage, food and lust for new motorcycles. If I had my time back again I would have taken the risk and tried something new. Anyway, be safe.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Mad

Congrats man... Be safe!!!

Old 12-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice man! I always wanted to be a cop here, just know too many people that are always getting in trouble.....

anyone seen Blood In Blood Out?

Old 12-20-2006, 07:51 PM

Congrats, I am in training to become an Officer. I am an Explorer for our County's Department and once im done with college, its off to the academy...Be Careful out there!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Retired Moderator

Good for you HX! I think the reason some people don't like cops is because they f*ck up and get busted. Chances are, if you weren't an idiot, you wouldn't have a problem. I would rather haverookies, a-holes, and burnoutsthan no cops at all. Cops are human, and they can be cool or they can be *********, and sometimes they even make mistakes. No one ever claimed they were infallible. I wanted to be a CHP, but I had a somewhat checkered past and was afraid that I would be found out during the interview session. Anyway, befair...I think that is the best character trait.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

Congrats, I am in training to become an Officer. I am an Explorer for our County's Department and once im done with college, its off to the academy...Be Careful out there!
ya, congrats man...i am also an explorer in my town now...hoping to start interviewing and hopefully get hired when i turn 21...i cant really afford college right now, so im just working a part time job now...i cant decide if i want to be municiple or state...the CT SP here are the highway patrol and they also work in all the tiny backwoods towns who arent big enough to have theyre own dept...and as SP, you get a car, $20 a day for food, free gas...its a nice deal...lol...but being a LEO is something i've always wanted to do...

so, anyway, enough thread stealing for me: CONGRATS MAN