Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

my new brain bucket

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new brain bucket

i wrecked in my current helmet a whilie ago and so i figured i'd buy another one..... but i really didnt wanna spend money at the time seems how i was paying an outragous amount of rent, but right now i am rent free for two months, and after that its only going to be around 500 bucks sooooooo, i was actually thinking of buying new boots, the white corsas but than i saw this

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...a--630931.html

Old 02-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)
Default RE: my new brain bucket

Scorpion EXO-1000 Apollo Helmet on of the best features.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM

cool.. i didnt like the icon helmets.. they didnt fit me right, personally i just forked over for a Shoei with its warranty and i promise you.. its the best helmet when it comes to ventilation, i have tried the sharks, and arai's, the shoei x-eleven had the best vents, i can feel the air going through my hair.

heres mine. so you know what im talking about.

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  89.3 KB

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  100.9 KB

plus they have a 5yr unlimited warranty.

only thing it wont cover is florescent paints. <spelled wrong> bc they are more likely to chip for somereason.

but no worries from mine.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! I just bought a new lid this past weekend, Shoei RF-1000 Picotte Edition.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:38 PM

RF-1000 for the win I have one in matte black with a tinted visor.

http://i29.tinypic.com/112fmvb.jpg

I had a TZ-R before this for go-karting/MSF course and found it would get extremely hot and would put a constant pressure on the black of my neck. I switched to the RF-1000 and absolutely love it. The helmet breathes and fits like a dream.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: 600f4i_blackout

RF-1000 for the win I have one in matte black with a tinted visor.

http://i29.tinypic.com/112fmvb.jpg

I had a TZ-R before this for go-karting/MSF course and found it would get extremely hot and would put a constant pressure on the black of my neck. I switched to the RF-1000 and absolutely love it. The helmet breathes and fits like a dream.
Awesome look with the matte black and Icon jacket... BTW, how's the quality on the Icon jacket? Thinking about buying a Daytona Retro in black.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: matt_m427

Awesome look with the matte black and Icon jacket... BTW, how's the quality on the Icon jacket? Thinking about buying a Daytona Retro in black.
It all ties in with my username, blackout.

The icon jacket is great quality, very thick leather and all the major support points(back, shoulders, elbows) you need. It has two zippers one on each shoulder and two on the chest that you can open up to let air flow through, which really helps on really warm days. It's slighlty perforated under the arms to help air flow as well.

Overall it's a great jacket. Fortunately I haven't had to test how well it will hold up to asphault, but judging by the thickness of the leather and quality of the jacket I would assume it would hold up pretty well.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Registered Users

i have the icon Domain Decay...essential the domain 1 style...i really like it...fits much better than my AC-12 i had...WAY more comfortable in the ear department...seems a little bigger though, but it's lighter...

can't wait to ride with it...damn chicago winter!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: matt_m427

i have the icon merc hero jacket, i love it. im wide in the shoulders but skinny waist so it fits a little loose on the bottom half of me, but the quality of he jacket is reallly good, i crashed in that jacket ( about 12 mph, maybe less by the time i hitpavement) and the leather held up extremely well.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:32 PM

Cool... I've always worn Alpinestars but wanted to give Icon a try because I really love the way they look! Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: my new brain bucket