Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My new babies...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new babies...

Most of you know about my love of music and my love for guitar playing. I just picked up a couple of new babies for the collection. I got a standard Fender P-bass (precision bass), and an Ibanez acoustic electric mandolin. I am doing some original music recording and needed both. I got the bass for COST because the guys at my local music shop accidently had the price tag at cost...they are my good friends because I have been a working musician since I was 19 and have been buying product from them for about fifteen years or more (even before I was a working musician). When I get some of these songs recorded, I will post them up on a website so you can hear what I am up to. Should be pretty diverse stuff. My keyboard player is incredible and really knows how to record and get a great sounding final. If you guys feel so inclined, please post up pics of your other loves...this is very possibly a repost of something I have posted before. Here's the babies:

Here's my other babies from a previous post:

Name:  MyGuitars.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  107.3 KB

Old 09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Default RE: My new babies...

Can you hook them up to the Xbox?

Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Retired Administrator

bet you do really well with guitar hero with those.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Retired Moderator

I don't have Guitar Hero, but I can blindly say I will smoke all y'all...except for BMG.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I don't have Guitar Hero, but I can blindly say I will smoke all y'all...except for BMG.
Just because you can play a real guitar doesnt mean your any good at Guitar Hero

Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Retired Moderator

^^^ can you play it online? If so, I will make my non-live having *** get set up, and challenge you, Nauree.... Catman has been on me to get live for Halo and Madden (?)...how dumb is that, that I would get live to play "Guitar Hero"?

Old 09-27-2007, 10:05 PM

Its not online

Old 09-27-2007, 10:07 PM

Nice looking acoustic's Voodoo. I want to learn how to play acoustic so bad. Any ideas where/how to start?

Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Some very attractive instruments, sir. I bet your skill in playing them is unmatched, sir. It's nice to see people with a great variety of interests. Please have a good evening and a pleasant tomorrow, sir.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05RR

Nice looking acoustic's Voodoo. I want to learn how to play acoustic so bad. Any ideas where/how to start?
Yes...we all think we can get a guitar and "teach ourselves". Please do not fall into this category. It is very hard to train yourself...that takes ALOT of discipline, and most of us don't have the gumption. Get a guitar teacher...seek out your local music shop for advice so as not to get a hack that just started teaching.He will recommend a good starter guitar for you. I think, if you are serious, you need to spend about 200 bucks to get a decent acoustic...check out the pawn shops and maybe have your teacher come with you (Washburn is a good idea). If you only have twenty bucks to spend...get that guitar, but please take lessons. Guitar playing has made me a better person...have fun with it! Keep me posted!

Quick Reply: My new babies...