Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My lady put Unleaded Gas in the TDI (Diesel Fuel).....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My lady put Unleaded Gas in the TDI (Diesel Fuel).....

So last night car (2011 VW Golf TDI) wouldn't start... thought the battery might be low. Odd for a new car but whatever.

Tried jumping it... no luck. So I asked again for the 5th time if she put diesel in it. Finally she was like I think so, but I was on the phone blah blah went to the pump with the extra handle blah blah.

So we jump in the Tahoe and drive right up the road and sure enough she put regular gas in the car.

I'm going out of town this afternoon and can't really do much about it now. We're getting it towed to the VW dealer. God only knows what they'll say / do / warrenty etc.

I'm not pleased.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 07-14-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:12 AM

Had an aquaintance growing up almost do something similiar; almost put diesel in a Mustang GT, we seen and stopped him.

Too bad you didn't catch it before it was ran, could have dropped the tank drained etc. Best of luck.

Last edited by amRRussel; 07-14-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:22 AM

ah man thats the worse. im sure the dealer can fix it... probably gonna cost you a pretty penny. dont think that sort of stuff is covered under warantee

Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by amRRussel

Had an aquaintance growing up almost do something similiar; almost put deisel in a Mustang GT, we seen and stopped him.

Too bad you didn't catch it before it was ran, could have dropped the tank drained etc. Best of luck.

That would have been impossible as diesel nozzles are much fatter than regular gas nozzles, it wouldn't have fit into the filler hole.

Too bad there's not a way to remedy that so instances like this don't happen. Oh well, I bet she won't do that again!!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch. So far Yuen has only tried to kill the battery by playing with the lights switch on the Edge. She keeps hitting the lights then leaving it on daytime running lights, thinking she turned them off.

Problem: the Edge has automatic lights

Old 07-14-2011, 08:42 AM

Looks like it's time to upgrade to a new model, the girl I mean

Ran a little search and it seems like the car should be fine once they drain the tank and fuel lines and replace the fuel filters.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Syd is cute. Tell her to put on so,thing low-cut or unbuttoned to the navel and play the "cute blonde" card at the dealer

Old 07-14-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by coolcloo
That would have been impossible as diesel nozzles are much fatter than regular gas nozzles, it wouldn't have fit into the filler hole.

Too bad there's not a way to remedy that so instances like this don't happen. Oh well, I bet she won't do that again!!!!

He slide the card into the pump and picked up the diesel nozzle as he was unscrewing the fuel cap on the car at which point we stepped in before he could attempt to put it in the car, so impossible not so much. However, if you are referring to actually putting diesel into a gas car as being impossible at a fuel station the yes that will be a difficult task, but not impossible. Don't under estimate stupidity.

Last edited by amRRussel; 07-14-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That really sucks man. Hope it gets fixed quick without alot of cash of your pocket. Sounds like something my wife would do though.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, that sucks. You can't fault her, though, she's probably just used to the little nozzle going in the big hole.

But like dammitmike said, it shouldn't be a huge problem as far as messing anything up. It just won't run and everything will need to be drained/purged, etc.

Quick Reply: My lady put Unleaded Gas in the TDI (Diesel Fuel).....