Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Girls New helmet... Input before I buy please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Girls New helmet... Input before I buy please...

ORIGINAL: woo545

I believe, that helmets that pass DOT and the current Snell certifications are safe enough. That means most of HJC helmets qualify. I feel that buying the more expensive helmets is like buying a luxury car...you are buying more for comfort; whether it's lighter weight, better fit, more ventilation, or more aerodynamic. I'm not so sure that more money = safer in a accident.
Agreed, my HJC is snell and dot rated, as is my brothers Arai, so I'm not worried about either one when it comes to going down. But when I wear his, it's a lot less noisy, airtight if it's cold, open the vents and it feels like a breeze is going over your head....plus it's lighter than a feather. The fitment is a lot closer in the shield when it locks than my HJC

Old 10-22-2008, 10:00 PM

so lighter...more areo dynamic.....quieter.......efficient.....would allow one to concentrate more on riding and what's going on around them instead of fighting the wind...dealing with wind balsting your ears.....etc. hmmmmmm......sounds like a pretty good safety feature huh???

Old 10-22-2008, 10:47 PM

Lighter is enough to sell me. I'd pay extra to not have a neckache at the end of the day

Old 10-23-2008, 12:45 AM

Something is going on. My friend picked up a new M2R helmet for very little money, and he loves it. He used to be like me, using only the two main Japanese brands, but he got this one just to try, and he raves about it.

So, I don't know, less expensive doesn't mean its not a good product. But I had to get an X-11 anyway, in Europe they're called the X-Spirit. lol Great lid, but I'm guessing much of the price goes toward the cachet of the brand.

Whatever you do, don't pay full price for a helmet. I sniped my Shoei for $399, down from $692, free shipping...oh yeah, I'm still chuffed about it

Old 10-23-2008, 03:04 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Whatever you do, dont pay full price for a helmet. I sniped my Shoei for $399, down from $692, free shipping...oh yeah, Im still chuffed about it

I was the same, I got my Arai for £240 reduced from over £400 because it was last years model ... there are disadvantages though ..people openly point at me and say "ahaha the daft bint is wearing last years colour scheme!!"

I just feel so self conscious wearing it all the time ..sometimes its really tough being poor but hey, we get by ...yeah!! ..lol

Jules

Old 10-23-2008, 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

$500 AU for a helmet and you feel self conscious???? hmmm ????
Your sarcasm detector not working then Steve?? ..lol

All I can say Jules is ...

[align=center]Change yu bloody avatar to anything else !!!!!
please !!!
[/align]
Fine, no problem!! ..I can do much nastier than this one ...muhahaha!!

JulZomb

Old 10-23-2008, 03:44 AM

Yer ..I saw the LOL ..... but I did think that you were serious ..
Thats alot of Pounds for a lid miss !!!
Well it was a top of the range Arai that normally sells for £400 - £480 so I thought £240 was a bargain for having to put up with last years colours ..lol ...maybe we just pay through the nose for everything on this wee island??

Nastier??? yer ... but ....
Is their a point to the Avatar terrorism Jules

Um, yeah ..we are kinda creeping up on Halloweeen and there is a distinct flavour of zombie in the air, cant you smell it?? ..lol

Jules

Quick Reply: My Girls New helmet... Input before I buy please...