Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Girls New helmet... Input before I buy please...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Girls New helmet... Input before I buy please...

try one of these... EXCELLENT helmets from what I have heard. I'm probably going to be getting one soon.

http://www.ogk-helmet.com/html/index.htm

199 bucks! These are japanese made. composite outter including CF and kevlar. Weighing in at just over 3lbs this thing is very light. good sound.. not loud inside. Completely removable liner. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Visability. I can see more peripheral than i ever have in any other helmet ive ever tried on. Which would be great for the track as well as the street. has an awesome tear off system and even comes with a smoked tear off. Good ventilation! I really like it.
Mine arrived yesterday and i love it. Especially considering that they went for over 700 when they first came to the US, are now usually 449, other ppl have it on sale for 299.. and straight from the main US importer... 199! OGK's are pretty big overseas... just not in the US. It is DOT and Snell, but is also ECE certified as well. Take a look at the weight chart on the link below
i picked up the black and blue with orange

awesome review here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/ogk/ff4/

Old 01-18-2006, 07:31 PM

y'know if you think abt it
helmets do nothing to prevent accidents
and most accidents are lethal
so why even wear one ?

ok i was j/k
i just bought a new one for $99 to match my red Icon gloves from http://www.newenough.com/icon_helmet...rd_wt_page.htm

get her the White and layer it up with demeaning stickers (HANG UP & DRIVE ! is my favorite )

Old 01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Retired Administrator

Damn... $100.... Good find. Who can't afford that in our sport? I know some on here talk badly about Icon and they are usually a little too bling,bling for me, but I've tried them on. They fit well and just by looks seem to be well made.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:18 PM

sup bro!!! kbc is de shet!!! i have a vr-2 assassin helmet and i luv it!!!! kbc is good **** on my book. hope this help,

Old 01-19-2006, 12:08 AM

BlindLOKI- I checked out the AFX helmets when I was at my local Kawasaki dealer (sorry, I've ghanged now LOL) I didn't like them at all. They didn't fit very good and just felt cheap. The vents were hard to open, I ended up buying an HJC that day, but I'm ordering a KBC helmet in a month or so when the '06 line is released. If you want a pink helmet give www.metricBikes-superstore.com a look or call them. Check out the kitty gear. I just ordered an Icon Timax jacket for $180 shipped and the suggested retail is $215 without shipping. Or you could call them @ 1-501-223-8822. They can't advertise the Icon prices so give them a call and they will hook you up. Good luck with the helmet, but I personally didn't like the AFX gear.

-Jesse-

Old 01-19-2006, 01:29 AM
L8X

yeah man if you love her get the best for her, dont cheap it. cant go wrong with suomy shoei arai or agv

Old 01-19-2006, 10:41 AM

I just got my wife a pink helmet also. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head right now though. It was about $100. It was amazing that there weren't many options in a pink helmet for her and a lot of them were around $200.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:49 AM

Have you thought about gettign her a Scorpion?
http://scorpionusa.com
I have only heard good thing about them, a local shop should be able to get tthem cheaper then the cost on the site.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:19 PM

I crashed in an HJC and it was fine. I like the decorations on both....sorry not much help...LOL!

Old 01-20-2006, 05:32 AM

i just bought my girl a icon kitty helmet (pink) and shes freekin crazy over it cuz it has a cowgirl in the back holding guns. i was also looking at the afx helmets cuz they were mad cheap and pink like she wanted but the one i was looking at wasnt even snell approved. i found the icon kitty helmet for her on ebay for $156 brand new from an ebay store shipping was only $8 and msrp is like $250. I just upgraded my hjc fuse cl-14 helmet to an icon halo mainframe helmet and man can you feel the difference in quality. its just really hard to take off!

oh yeah im a new member (intro):
94 cbr600f2
full sharkskinz
yoshi pipe

gear:
icon-
halo mainframe
super duty jacket
super duty gloves
super duty boots (first ones not super duty 2)

Quick Reply: My Girls New helmet... Input before I buy please...