Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Girls Computer is Fudged Up.. Anyone Know the Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Girls Computer is Fudged Up.. Anyone Know the Fix?

ORIGINAL: Brandon77

ahhh... The good ol' "Blue Screen on Death". Basically, its an error message like any other windows error message. From your pic I see it says "unmountable boot volume", which means it cant boot from your hard drive for some reason. Try putting in the windows cd and booting from that. Then, if it works I would backup everything on the hard drive and format it. But before you do that, just restart it...it might work itself out. Good luck.
That's what I would say as well.

In 5 years of computing..when that screen appears it usually means a reformat...as making partitions...using ghosting programs...just never have worked...least not for my comp...which is on the lower side of high end.

What I usually do is always burn CD backups of stuff I absolutely have to have...and when that screen is there...reformat...which means wiping out the HDD and re-installing the OS.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:41 AM

I've gone one step further and bought myself an external hard drive. Just simply plug it into any USB port and your ready to upload/download any file off/onto of it. No more worries about losing any of your valuable files/progarms/pictures...

Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Joe Rocket

What world do you live in? Macs are crap. All a macs are PC wannabe.
Nuh, uh!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 AM

I have yet to see my blue screen of death in over 6 months. The only problem i have is my dual screens not working all the time, but its workable because my PC will pwn any mac in gaming capeability. If you own a windows computer, please learn how to clean ur registry. The only reason you will see a blue screen of death is when ur registry isnt working properly. When you build your own computer Windows > Mac 100% of the time. Programming software with visual basic is > mac programming stuffs too =). I will give mac the iPod and iTunes tho...

Old 03-13-2007, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Joe Rocket

I've gone one step further and bought myself an external hard drive. Just simply plug it into any USB port and your ready to upload/download any file off/onto of it. No more worries about losing any of your valuable files/progarms/pictures...
u dont need a external hard drive to keep the files safe. just have another drive in the computer and have everything saved on there. if u first hard dirve fails/ or u os gets jacked up it only messes up the dirve with ur OS on it.
ex
C drive=Windows XP + all ur ****.
D drive=the $hit u want to keep and never lose.
one day your pc gets jacked up u need to reinstall ur OS, no problem install in on C dirve as normal. when u get windows back up everything on your D drive is exacly the way u left it.
no need for a external hard drive i have one but only for extra space. i dont need it anymore i am ganan sell it soon.