Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Girls Computer is Fudged Up.. Anyone Know the Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Girls Computer is Fudged Up.. Anyone Know the Fix?

Ok, I dont know what she did or how it happened, but my fiancees laptop will not work now. It just goes through the Windows Page, and then when it is done loading, it goes to the page below. She said she hasnt downloaded anything, or hasnt done anything different. IS there anything I can do to try and fix it, or will I have to take it to someone to fix? Any help is welcome, Thanks .

Name:  DSCI0112.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  47.3 KB

Old 03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Retired Admin
Default RE: My Girls Computer is Fudged Up.. Anyone Know the Fix?

What are you running for an operating system? Can you get into safe mode? If you can and you are running XP try to do a system restore to an earlier time when it ran correctly. also you said it was a laptop....make sure the hardrdive is mounted and not loose.

If none of that works.....and you have the system disk....try to install the disk and boot from there to get to a stage where you can correct the problem. It may also give you a repair option depending on the OS you are using.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:40 PM

ahhh... The good ol' "Blue Screen on Death". Basically, its an error message like any other windows error message. From your pic I see it says "unmountable boot volume", which means it cant boot from your hard drive for some reason. Try putting in the windows cd and booting from that. Then, if it works I would backup everything on the hard drive and format it. But before you do that, just restart it...it might work itself out. Good luck
________
Effects of nexium

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:56 PM

THAT IS A VIRUS CALLED TROJAN ALONE WITH MALWARE.. WHEN SHE STARTS THE LAPTOP WATCH IT WHEN IT ASKS YOU IF YOU WANT TO LOAD FOR WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL YOU MOVE UP TO THE HOME EDITION. ONCE SHE OPENS UP TO THE WINDOWS PAGE YOU GO INTO THE SETTINGS AND YOU WANT TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK. NOT THE TIME I MEAN THE SYSTEM IT SELF. MEANING GO BACK TO A RECOVERING POINT ABOUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE THIS STARTED TO HAPPEND THAN YOU SYSTEM SHOULD WORK FINE. THAN YOU GET YOUR SELF A GOOD ANTI-VIRUS AND RUN THE PROGRAM.. CLEAN THE VIRUS OUT.... IF ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME AT JASSON191@YAHOO.COM.. GOOD LUCK....
ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

Ok, I dont know what she did or how it happened, but my fiancees laptop will not work now. It just goes through the Windows Page, and then when it is done loading, it goes to the page below. She said she hasnt downloaded anything, or hasnt done anything different. IS there anything I can do to try and fix it, or will I have to take it to someone to fix? Any help is welcome, Thanks .

Old 03-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

either the HD is lose, the OS installtion is unstable and corrupt, or you have a bad HD.

has it only shown this error once? or does it do it constantly?

Old 03-03-2007, 03:23 PM

It does it everytime you try to turn it on. I tried to get into safe mode, but nothing happened. It already has Norton 2007 on it. Anyone know where I can check the HD @. Also, I dont think she has the disk. I will ask her, and let you guys know if I cant getinto the safe mode at all. Thanks for all your help so far!

Old 03-03-2007, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: JAYS900RR

THAT IS A VIRUS CALLED TROJAN ALONE WITH MALWARE.. WHEN SHE STARTS THE LAPTOP WATCH IT WHEN IT ASKS YOU IF YOU WANT TO LOAD FOR WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL YOU MOVE UP TO THE HOME EDITION. ONCE SHE OPENS UP TO THE WINDOWS PAGE YOU GO INTO THE SETTINGS AND YOU WANT TO TURN BACK THE CLOCK. NOT THE TIME I MEAN THE SYSTEM IT SELF. MEANING GO BACK TO A RECOVERING POINT ABOUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE THIS STARTED TO HAPPEND THAN YOU SYSTEM SHOULD WORK FINE. THAN YOU GET YOUR SELF A GOOD ANTI-VIRUS AND RUN THE PROGRAM.. CLEAN THE VIRUS OUT.... IF ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME AT JASSON191@YAHOO.COM.. GOOD LUCK....
ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

This screen does not necesarily mean a virus... lots of things cause BSODs (Blue Screens Of Death).

When you startup the PC you will need to hit F8 just before it wants to start loading windows. Normally a PC goes through its own boot sequence, like showing the manufacturer, possible the memory count, hard drives, etc. Its right after it goes through that you will want to hit EDIT: F5, and then try safe mode first. If you can get into safe mode, roll the system back. If that fails, restart it and see if there is an option for last known good boot configuration. I know its probably a long shot, but its your best bet.

If she has files she needed I hope they are backed up. There is always the chance that the hard drive was somehow corrupted (like the drive itself has gone bad). There still is hope, with any luck she wasnt writing her thesis for her doctorate or anything crazy like that. There are lots of companies that sell cables to hook to laptop hard drives so you can browse them are recover the data. I think my buddy got his set for $12 shipped.

At the very least you are going to have to fdisk it (complete format) and then reinstall windows, thats pretty much the only way to get rid of those provided you dont have any bad hardware.

Did you ever buy that recovery CD for your HP?

Old 03-04-2007, 02:29 AM

+1 on telgrin. However, if you roll the system back it will NOT get rid of a virus, if there is one. From the error message I dont think that is the problem. Try taking the hard drive out and reconnecting it, do what telgren suggested, and let us know.
________
Herbalaire Review

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:30 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Step 1......throw away.
Step 2......buy a Mac.
Step 3......enjoy never having to worry about viruses, crashing, blue screens of death, or spyware ever again.
Step 4......once you've owned your Mac for a year, get on a forum and brag about how you never have to worry about viruses, crashing, blue screens of death or spyware.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Step 1......throw away.
Step 2......buy a Mac.
Step 3......enjoy never having to worry about viruses, crashing, blue screens of death, or spyware ever again.
Step 4......once you've owned your Mac for a year, get on a forum and brag about how you never have to worry about viruses, crashing, blue screens of death or spyware.
what about step 5!!!
Step 5.... work on any important data on the mac and boom it restarts and u loose all the data u where working on. restarting a mac is easy, dont worry about it it will do it on its own.

Quick Reply: My Girls Computer is Fudged Up.. Anyone Know the Fix?